Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Driving through African bush

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
A short glimpse of the bush roads near the Angolan border in northern Namibia. Not many travellers venture there. Proper deserted wilderness and for 3 days we came across no people, vehicles, or villages.

"road" :D

Look forward to the big report :) Sounds like it was fun.

Epic. Three days without seeing a sole must be incredible. And then the second you stop, someone pops up wanting cigarettes :smiley:

Epic. Three days without seeing a sole must be incredible. And then the second you stop, someone pops up wanting cigarettes :smiley:

Pipe tobacco is what I carry... much better commodity in those parts... particularly for the head man of the village.

Keep the packets of 20's for the corrupt officials.... First time in Botswana where we experienced corrupt police officials.. Tried to fine me $250US for 2km over a 60kph speed limit.

Pipe tobacco? Oh there a joke in there about a rough sh@g in the bush that's for sure. Ho ho.

That is my kind of 'road'. Looks absolutely amazing. Look forward to hearing/seeing more.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Incredible!

Looking forward to more vids and some of the stories Lazz :thumbup:

Olazz

can you drop me the coordinates I would like to venture there myself on my way from England to South Africa. My plan is to go down the East route and then come across Botswana into Namibia via the Caprivi strip.

Olazz

can you drop me the coordinates I would like to venture there myself on my way from England to South Africa. My plan is to go down the East route and then come across Botswana into Namibia via the Caprivi strip.

Hi Paul,

Not sure I have the GPX files here as I use a separate GPS and computer for travels. May have it on the SD card which I brought back. Can't remember if I transferred the route/tracks or not. Will have a look and let you know.

Lazz

Lazy have ypu up dated your blog as we have not had a reminder for some time. I for one love the write up and photos.

Cheers
Stu

Lazy have ypu up dated your blog as we have not had a reminder for some time. I for one love the write up and photos.

Cheers
Stu

Howzit Stu, truth is I had spent 2 months last year updating derfstravels with 13 pages of content and video, for my site to suddenly throw a bit of a "cadenza" and I lost it all... not had time to rewrite the whole lot again...

And the las trip I haven't yet started to look at the huge video library I came back with .... I'll get round to it I hope before too long.

Bit harsh calling me lazy though !!

Sorry typo poxy phone auto corrected to lazy from Hi lazz.

Thats terrible news loved looking at your travels made me feel like I was there.

Stu

Me too Olazz. really enjoy reading about your travels. Sorry to hear the site has gone tit's up but that might explain why I get this when I click on the link.
upload_2016-5-17_22-49-47.png

nice video. Hope to get to Africa in next few yrs so always looking for 'reports'

Olazz

Hi Paul,
Hows it going? When are you planning your trip? Im looking at doing the same thing in a few years.
Would be good to swap stories.
Regards
Shayne

Hi Dave,

I did southern Angola earlier this year, and trying to plan a trip for December to take in more of the country.

Have Pm'd you.

Lazz

Back