Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

drop slides

bugger - turns out the price quoted from clearviewmirrors is 757 us $ not oz $ :( makes it around 650€ without import tax :( ) sooo, back to a s/h unit or a tilt slide one
Adventure trucks want 759 + 40 delivery €.......

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
zoikes - its the import tax too - from outside EU.........(things are going to get worse in UK soon!) I guess if this guy has a container there may be space on board? Erik is the guys name - email is [email protected]
Cant hurt to ask can it? you can say I have just ordered a slide from him ...

zoikes - its the import tax too - from outside EU.........(things are going to get worse in UK soon!) I guess if this guy has a container there may be space on board? Erik is the guys name - email is [email protected]
Cant hurt to ask can it? you can say I have just ordered a slide from him ...

Cheers Steve - was more just a point of curiosity how he was working it for you.

Erik from Adventure trucks has said his container has been left on the docks in Indonesia whilst swapping ships! Going to be another 5-6 weeks now :( poor guy has a container full of truck racing stuff ...expensive and lots of customers waiting.

Erik from Adventure trucks has said his container has been left on the docks in Indonesia whilst swapping ships! Going to be another 5-6 weeks now :( poor guy has a container full of truck racing stuff ...expensive and lots of customers waiting.

Strange how this can happen. Book slot on ship, put container on ship .... job done. :think:

There was a ship change unfortunately. I think he is genuine as he offered my money back which you wouldn't do if you knew it was going to be late.

There was a ship change unfortunately. I think he is genuine as he offered my money back which you wouldn't do if you knew it was going to be late.
No, was thinking of shippers not planning.... but all that stuff is above my pay grade really :doh:

see what you mean ;) its all electronic now I thought - crane picks up box, puts it down, computer knows where it is and knows its got to go on another ship so another crane comes along and drops it in the hold of ship b....but there may have been a French style strike...:tearsofjoy:

Hurrah! It arrived yesterday so took the afternoon off to fit it before it rains again.....bugger its heavy! 40kg, without the fridge and contents!
Still went in pretty well, and thankfully it fits. One or two niggles, the bolts with a plate provided to anchor the slide to the draws, were not quite long enough, so had to find some bolts and plates to use, and who knew I could fit some of me in a black widow draw case ! :)
Oh yes, I had forgotten to strip off the old plate when I got the French ones!
20180608_190741.png
20180608_190758.png
20180608_190856.png

20180608_191328.png

That’s looking great there Steve well done. I’m sure you’ll make a lot of use out of it there where you are.

Thanks. We plan to have a few Saturday nights away this year. Once the season is in full swing and we are in a routine!

Back