Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dropping a 4.2 engine in to a 70

thanks Andy. :thumbup:

im thinking i may buy something like the one bellow for the engine:-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

wish id just bought a KZJ70 in the first place now. :?

but ive gone to far with mine now, so ive got to keep it and get a 3litre diesel engine for it. :twisted:

am i right in thinking i could use a surf 1KZTE engine and then fit the mechanical fuel injection system from a 1KZT engine onto it?

i think thats what Iwan has done on his LJ70?

i wonder how easy it would be to get the mechanical injector bits? :)

i was looking at that the other day. it is a nice truck, but even with full tax and test i think £3195 is too much. IMHO its worth about £2500. :|

i think the interior is disgusting though, i cant imagine that ever looked good. :thumbdown:

ben said:
i think the interior is disgusting though, i cant imagine that ever looked good. :thumbdown:

LOL Compared to the leaf sprung models,that interior is luxurious.

The upside to the brown interior would be if you had a really scary "brown trouser" moment then no one would notice! :lol:

I think that's quite a good price for a KZJ if the condition is as good as the ad claims. There aren't many left on the road, they are pretty bomb-proof mechanically, and a whole world better to drive and use than the LJ. If you can keep the tin-worm at bay you've got a vehicle that you can keep going for two or three times its current mileage. The guy who does my MOTs says that the chassis and mechanicals on my '93 KZJ are more than good for another time around the clock, provided I get to grips with some of the rusty bits. Mine looks tattier than that one, but I wouldn't want to part with it for any less money. In fact, I don't want to part with it. Makes me smile every time I climb into it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its now 2,895.00 and make offer so its getting a good deal. It would certainly be cheaper than converting one ans will not lose much from there.

Someone with a 2.4 should buy it, swap all their bits over and sell their old one.

Hey Ben I have a KZJ71 with the 1KZTE have changed the fuel pump to manuel one and man am I impressed I get over 750 km to a tank, you can tune it so much better with it, Im now running 22 pound of boost on standard turbo with no problems at all last dyno run I got 145hp and and impressive 474 NM of torque at the wheels, Im new on here so not sure how to post pictures

Landcruiser Power said:
Hey Ben I have a KZJ71 with the 1KZTE have changed the fuel pump to manuel one and man am I impressed I get over 750 km to a tank, you can tune it so much better with it, Im now running 22 pound of boost on standard turbo with no problems at all last dyno run I got 145hp and and impressive 474 NM of torque at the wheels, Im new on here so not sure how to post pictures

that sounds impressive! :thumbup:

maybe thats the way forward for me, as 1KZTE engines are easily acquired and relatively cheap. not sure where id get the manual fuel pump from though? :think:

to post pics, you need to use a site like photobucket.com to host them, then copy and paste the link code in your reply box.

we need to see pics of your truck, and engine conversion. :D

where country are you in? :?:

The KZJ71 come with 1KZTE engine standard in New Zealand, Disc brakes all round, Great trucks, man you have done some work on yours, Ive now added Methanol injection in the list of mods, she's a real handful now, Im looking at putting a Borg warner turbo on next as the standard one is flowing at its max now with the pre turbo spray, ill have a look into getting some photos up

Roger, you are completely wrong, it would be a max of 2 minutes. We would hear the bang in the UK even if the truck was in New Zealand.

Sorry Birder, I failed to take into consideration the power loss between flywheel and hubs. :thumbdown:

Roger

nothing quite like making a new member feel welcome aye guys! :roll: :thumbdown: :naughty:

anyways...............................

tonight i picked up the new truck, which contains the bigger engine i need. took it for a spin around the farm when we got it back, and then let Mitch loose in it. after he thrashed it around the stubble fields for half an hour and scared shit out of me, we both agreed its rapid and will be perfect dropped in my 70! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :twisted:

P1000245-1.jpg

P1000247-1.jpg

Hey guys seems like you need to make a trip to NZ, and wee can show you how we tune our Diesels over here, You seem to forget that Toyota, over engineer their engines,as long as you keep the fueling up to too your engines and your temperature under control, the two main factors in tuning your diesel, If your ever over this side of the world, Hit me up, I would love to take you for a spin. The look on your face would be price less I have been running this tune for over 3 years now, all hp at the wheels Ive had no problems Have a nice day :whistle:

Great news Ben, looking forward to the swap pics, what have you bought as a donor?

Landcruiser Power said:
Hey guys seems like you need to make a trip to NZ, and wee can show you how we tune our Diesels over here, You seem to forget that Toyota, over engineer their engines,as long as you keep the fueling up to too your engines and your temperature under control, the two main factors in tuning your diesel, If your ever over this side of the world, Hit me up, I would love to take you for a spin. The look on your face would be price less I have been running this tune for over 3 years now, all hp at the wheels Ive had no problems Have a nice day :whistle:

I am sure you are aware I was joking and no doubt Roger was as well, Its just that it all sounds a bit much. You have to remember that we run Toyotas and overheating is a big problem even on a standard motor. In my mind, modify as you say and the extra heat would be massive and you only have to overheat once and the engine is had it. I just cant see how the gaskets and head would stand all that extra heat. How do you keep it cool?

Post us a picture of you mods

All the best and sorry if the joke was not taken in the right way

Landcruiser Power said:

Oh and by the way, i still think your spec and results are not for real :D

That surf should keep you busy for few days Ben ...

what are you doing with it once you've taken the engine etc ??

Simon_LJ70 said:
Great news Ben, looking forward to the swap pics, what have you bought as a donor?

toyota 4-runner. :thumbup:

Red Oktober said:
That surf should keep you busy for few days Ben ...

what are you doing with it once you've taken the engine etc ??

i reckon mate. :)

everything that can be sold will be sold, then the shell and chassis will be weighed in.

i estimate i will a good few £££ out of it aswel, oh and get a free 3litre engine! :dance:

Back