Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dropping a 4.2 engine in to a 70

Red Oktober said:
would a 3.0 surf be easier to source

yes, a lot easier, 3litre four runners seem very rare, but....................the 4 runner engine is a lot easier to fit and get running as theres a lot less electrics. surfs have electronic fuel pumps, where as four runners have mechanical fuel pumps. :thumbup:

ben said:
Red Oktober said:
would a 3.0 surf be easier to source

yes, a lot easier, 3litre four runners seem very rare, but....................the 4 runner engine is a lot easier to fit and get running as theres a lot less electrics. surfs have electronic fuel pumps, where as four runners have mechanical fuel pumps. :thumbup:

right ... makes a lot of sense that :thumbup:

Beau

I thought the Surf had the Kz-te engine?

Pete

Ah, think I've got your meaning - its a kzt setup as it doesnt have the electronic pump anymore?

Pete

wobbly said:
Ah, think I've got your meaning - its a kzt setup as it doesnt have the electronic pump anymore?

Pete

ermm Not quite. I removed the engine from a 1994 or 1995 Toyota Surf. I believe there are many surf models, some came with the 2.5ltr engine and some with the 1kzt, and the later ones, I believe they were called ssrx or something like that came with the 1kzte.

But anyway, the one I have is definitely the 1KZT which had the manual fuel pump, but I removed it and sold it as I was planning on rebuilding that engine and swapping it for my 1KZT-E engine in my colorado (obviously swapping the original elctronic pump onto the 1kzt engine). But never got round to it, and my engine seems to be running quite nicely.

Im thinking of sticking a 120 series D4D engine instead, more power, more torque. I have heard its not much of a problem, other than sorting out the ECU and then wiring!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Landcruiser Power said:
I up loaded a video going for a drive, for all you non believers out their. :whistle:
Well that certainly doesn't hang around. :cool:

Thanks Scott she's a real handful, wobbly thats right, and top is a EGT Exhaust Gas Temperature, Those two gauges are the most important gauges you need in tuning a diesel

Back