Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dubrovnik 2018

"All animals are equal..."

What a great trip, must have been fun.

Also, Nick, the throne fits well.

Or the favourite quote of the holiday,
"Don't bring a stick of cellary to a bbq"
Fantastic trip report Nick, . . . and that quote sounds like a Trevism.

Looks fab. I think I might get the Missus to do that trip with me - on the bikes.

I don't know how i missed this thread before today but then i don't bother as much with the trucks or the forum lately .
Looks like a great trip - just a shame you didn't have a mighty 90 along to conquer that little hill for you eh ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't know how i missed this thread before today but then i don't bother as much with the trucks or the forum lately .
Looks like a great trip - just a shame you didn't have a mighty 90 along to conquer that little hill for you eh ;)
Would have inspired me to try harder to get up it

ok, my first attemp at putting something interesting together, its taken all day! Just the go pro footage. Which ran out right at the end. Just imagine a 120 pulling me a couple of foot with about ten straps connected together inbetween!

ps. no centre diffs were harmed in the production of this video.
pps. Ocasional pottymouth.

Watched that with interest Nick, great video!

It just goes to show what can be achieved, even with limited experience. Must say, my heart was in my mouth watching Trev reversing down that track. It’s a nightmare of a scenario if things go tits-up, but he was careful and luckily (skillfully) didn’t let it get out of control.

When you were climbing and getting stuck in almost the same place each time, was Trev’s 120 in front of you or behind?

If he was behind you then you could have rigged his winch line under your truck with a snatch-block on a tree coming back to the front of your 80. That way he could have pulled you up, then winched/driven up behind you.

It’s a trick I’ve only done once. It’s not ideal, but saves the huge risks involved with lots of reversing down the hill.

Hate reversing on a slippery slope, it’s frought with potential disaster.

Thanks for your time putting this together, is there a part 2 on the way?

Runs and hides... :lol:

Hi

Thanks for the vid. They do take along time to put together, glad you did.

G.
I'm still trying to figure it out. I can do it on my phone easily enough only there's so much for slov1 I can't do it on the phone. I'm playing with "lightworks"

Yes there's more. That's all the go pro stuff but there's front and back dash cam footage of Trevors and some mobile phone stuff. That one will be feature length but you already know the story.
We got to the bottom only to find no track left so had to go back up. Trev has a winch and muds so he went first. It must have taken an hour odd to get him up while rosy and i ran up and down the bloody hill as Trev sat in the air conditioned luxury... We thought a squeaking noise was his centre diff hence it being a bit crap at getting up the hill but we winched him to the top. Where that video ends he was about 200m away. After much more walking round and discussions of flip flop winches or places to go buy another winch etc I said look. Thats a 120 with a knackered centre diff..... (ok it wasn't, it was a loose bolt on some underbody armour) we've got 80's, can't I just drive up? And except for that bit where I got stuck I did. We managed to convince Trev to reverse back down the track a 100m and we connected all the straps we had together with loops and sticks and he pulled me up a couple of foot and I did the same to rosy. We took it easy after that!

Last edited:
Patience young man. Need to see if clever Trevor has the missing bits first

Back