Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dumb Question .....

For those with unlocked hubs the manual says you should locke them for 16kms (10miles) every month

Heres that pages (67 to 73) from the manual

067tn.jpg

068tn.jpg

069tn.jpg

070tn.jpg

071tn.jpg

072tn.jpg

073tn.jpg

Roger Fairclough said:
I believe some V8 series 3 were full time and all 90's etc were full time.
Scott said:
Stage 1 V8, 90, 110, Range Rover and Discovery are all full time 4x4's. Series 1, 2 & 3 are all part time 4x4 (no centre diff).

Roger Fairclough said:
Some series 1 landies had full time 4 wheel drive.
Which ones? Are you referring to the ring pull gear box, fitted to the series 1's built between '48 & '52?

If so, I think we may be getting a bit technical, and niche, for a general 4 wheel drive system operation thread on a Toyota forum.

@ Birder.... what book is that ... and where do i obtain a copy (either a hard or software copy will be sufficiant)

Its the Owners manual, I was sent one to scan but its in single pages and huge (155mb)

Red Oktober said:
@ Birder.... what book is that ... and where do i obtain a copy (either a hard or software copy will be sufficiant)

PM sent

Scott said:
Roger Fairclough said:
I believe some V8 series 3 were full time and all 90's etc were full time.
Scott said:
Stage 1 V8, 90, 110, Range Rover and Discovery are all full time 4x4's. Series 1, 2 & 3 are all part time 4x4 (no centre diff).

[quote="Roger Fairclough":30y6cxpi]Some series 1 landies had full time 4 wheel drive.
Which ones? Are you referring to the ring pull gear box, fitted to the series 1's built between '48 & '52?

If so, I think we may be getting a bit technical, and niche, for a general 4 wheel drive system operation thread on a Toyota forum.[/quote:30y6cxpi]

You may be right but the question was raised, and as answers should be correct, I, and others, added our thoughts. The series one's that were full time may have been the those that had the Tracta joints but don't quote me on it. I suggest we drop the points concerning LR's as this is a Toyota forum.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Birder, I see it has been a while since you posted to this thread but I'm hoping that you can help me with that owner's manual?
Is it the relevant one for my 1995/1996 KZJ78 automatic?

Many thanks!

I got so fed up with the electric powered hubs not working when the wife got stuck ont he school and I was 15km away at work that I pulled the motor gear off and set the hubs to permanently locked. Then just keep the 'hub lock' button in and you can engage 4wd any time when you need it - no need to get out and engage manual hubs. I guess it depends on whether you need 4wd for the school run regularly.......

Mark

Back