Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dwiz Rear Diff Housing 79 Series ???

kuczie

Country Flag
australia
Gday guys,
Im considering dropping some coin on a DWIZ rear diff housing for my 79 to correct the rear track.
Any feedback from people who are currently running one of these housings would be appreciated.
Cheers

Gday guys,
Im considering dropping some coin on a DWIZ rear diff housing for my 79 to correct the rear track.
Any feedback from people who are currently running one of these housings would be appreciated.
Cheers
Sorry I can't help you, I don't own one of these aftermarket axles, but I am really curious as to why this is a problem for so many people? I've owned a FZE79 when I lived in the middle east, and currently run a HZJ78. Both vehicles featured the narrower rear track all australians complain about. But I don't understand what the issue is? I've done a ton of dune driving (offroad from Oman-Saudi-Abu Dhabi) and still give the troopy hell here in europe. I've never once considered it a problem, despite what all the youtube personalities tell us. How much coin are you looking at for a replacement axle?

My troopy has the narrow track rear axel, never been a problem to me, and do plenty of off-road stuff

The rear track is only narrower on the VDJ versions isnt it, well actually it's that the front is wider to accommodate the V8? I thought all other models the front and rear track were the same?

The rear track is only narrower on the VDJ versions isnt it, well actually it's that the front is wider to accommodate the V8? I thought all other models the front and rear track were the same?
They are not you know, the 1HZ has the wide axel as well

Hi David, thanks for the info. No, I didn't know about that so thanks for letting us know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah nah the tooling was all changed at Landcruiser HQ in Japan for the 1VD engine, expanding the width of the front axle. But then they kept putting 1HZ engines in them anyway if you didn't live in Aussie or NZ.
But, I've never, ever once heard myself saying jeez I wish the rear was the same as the front. Its just not an issue unless you have OCD about symmetry. And I most certainly do 'tough' tracks.

Back