ebay sale. how long is too long?

chapel gate Oct 30, 2018

1. chapel gate

chapel gate Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    so, sold a cherry picker months ago. received payment about three weeks after the sale.. seems like a nice genuine bloke, also seems to be very busy and constantly mithered/forgetful..etc.
    its been at least a month now since receiving payment. he is from down south and at least a 7.5 tonner with crane will be needed so ive given him the benefit of doubt until ive recently started ringing him. radio silence.. phone rings so he hasn't been knocked over by a bus. I need this shifting as its not a very good ornament and its ruining the view..

thoughts?

2. ratrace

ratrace Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    contact ebay for advice

3. chapel gate

Map
    tbh ratrace I see this more as being right with someone and giving them the benefit of the doubt rather than ebays "code of conduct".
    he has payed for it, so cant really call him a time waster, but I need it shifting now.

4. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    I would advise him storage charges will apply and be back dated if he does not collect his purchase soon .

grantw likes this.
  5. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    I’d assume cockup over conspiracy and hope he’s going to talk to you. Tricky, but seems like you’re going to have to get something arranged firm but fair.

6. SteveJB

SteveJB Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    Re advertise it and wait and see if he wants to buy it as he has already paid the storage charge

chapel gate likes this.
  7. frank rabbets

frank rabbets Well-Known Member

Map
    Under contract the picker is no longer yours so you cannot sell it. I would think if you kept it for a month and then tell him the money will be returned and the machine sold as he has not kept his side of the contract. Would be well worth establishing exactly what he has promised to do under your sale to him.

8. chapel gate

Map
    Moneys long gone frank..:). I think its perfectly reasonable to expect someone to come and collect something they have bought.

9. Dan_the_drifter

Dan_the_drifter New Member I am in uk

Map
    Trouble is if you re-list it etc you will get stung for the fee's still as it has sold as such already.

You need to mutually agree to not go through with it but hopefully he is on holiday or something and he will get back to you before you need to do that. If not I would definitely contact ebay if you can't get a reply directly from the buyer.

Like you say some people are going through all sorts but then they shouldn't bid/pay for something if they can't collect!

chapel gate likes this.
  10. Higgy

Higgy Well-Known Member I am in denmark

Map
    Did you ever get sorted CG.. Iv Just been through s similar thing with my Sanderson fork lift

11. chapel gate

Map
    Not yet higgy, although i did establish radio contact yesterday. He promised to collect this week...

12. Higgy

Higgy Well-Known Member I am in denmark

Map
    I sold my forklift to a guy in York. He just hit the buy it now button... then didn't think about it weighing 7ton and how he was gonna get it from sandwich to York.. a long time went by while he haggled with Hauliers over transport costs .. It got to the stage where I offered him his money back.. I told him the forklift was no longer Insured at the marina .. because legally I didn't own it any more.. That still didn't give him the hurry up.. It went on so long I organised transport myself stuck it on a low loader and sent it to York. with an agreement that if the guy didn't pay, The lorry driver could keep the forklift.. to this day no one ever phoned or said thanks not even a word from the lorry driver.. so don't know what happened to it, I got me 3 grand.. Some folk are strange that's all....

13. chapel gate

Map
    most folks are strange..:)
    same problem really. it needs at least a 7.5 tonner with crane.
    theres not much left of this week..

14. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
    The saga continues lol

15. chapel gate

Map
    Indeed...

16. mussy

mussy Well-Known Member

Map
    Send him an invoice for 200 GBP storage per month.

And /Or

inform DVLA of sale and once that is has been registered then park it on a public eye street and let the police do the rest....

chapel gate likes this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter