Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EGR delete on 1HD-ft

pbgt

Country Flag
ireland
Looking for advice on how to completely remove EGR valve on 1HD-ft.

Plan on doing an intercooler install so will be done at same time as Egr.

Any help greatly appreciated

I run mine for a few years with thin blanking plates between the valve actuator bodies and the mounting stubs, effectively blocking them off but ended up removing them completely. Some IC kits I've seen replace the OEM crossover pipe with a bespoke item so blanking plates aren't needed anyway. I left the vacuum solenoid valves installed and connected electrically as removing them brought the ECU light up on the dash. I just looped the vacuum pipes through to avoid vacuum loss. If you want to remove the solenoid valves and wiring I believe there is an electrical mod that can be done using resistors to fool the ECU into thinking they're still there but I couldn't be bothered. I kept the valve bodies so the system can be reinstalled if they ever get super arsey with the MOT.

Edit......The valve bodies secure the crossover pipe to the exhaust manifold thereby adding some rigidity to the inlet pipe so I fitted a brace after I removed them.

IMG_4246.jpeg

Last edited:
Brilliant stuff mate, I've been trawling the internet looking for that answer. Thanks so much for that, looks very tidy what you've done.
I might go ahead and do this before the IC.

Do you know of any decent IC kits in the Uk?

Most kits seem to originate from Oz as you've probably found. This is one I priced up several years ago at around £1500 including delivery, VAT & ID.

HPD IC

Other than these guys I don't know of any other UK supplier.

Allisport

They actually manufacture them so they could almost certainly make one to fit.

Edit.......

Here ya go!

1HD-FT IC

Last edited:
Thanks for that, last time I checked they were out of stock. I'll try again.

Much appreciated

Back