Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Mounts for a 80 Expensive or What

Mal Eade

Country Flag
england
Hi All

Just found out my vibration was caused by a failed engine mount, Passenger side.
Seems to be a common thing that one goes. So I though I would change all three both the engine ones and the gear box mount.

So I rang my supplier and the cost is £108 + VAT for the one. £336.61 (inc vat) for the 3.

Hells bells and buckets of blood what are they made of .... Rubber and Steel from Apollo 11...

So had a look round and found some second-hand ones on Fleabay £80.00. 80 SQUID F>)**!!!! Hell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Landcr ... 500wt_1180

Well, if any one out there knows of a better price or supplier.

Mal

Matt what indicated to a uspension mount failure? Its just that my engine wobbles a bit as well as inidcated by the gearstick! When I lift the lid and blip the throttle it rotates anti-clockwise a bit in the engine bay. I can see movement at the passenger side engine mount but not sure if this is normal. Was yours worse than this?

Correct me if I am wrong but are those mounts for a petrol 80? Are they the same as a diesel? I'm asking cos I don't know, but it may make a difference to someone wanting them for a diesel if they are indeed different.

Andy (TTG) :thumbup:

Back