Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust temps

....If your concerned about coolant temps do the stock gauge mod or fit a aftermarket gauge.
Thanks CG..... I might see if there is time to fit an aftermarket gauge before we head off.

Ex RR ? Three of my uncles were RR inspection engineers based in Derby. Would that have been on aircraft piston engines? Period was wartime and just after. They are dead now so I cant ask them. One saw me working on my Norton and said to be careful not to do the "strong man act" doing up nuts. A badly fitting 3" exhaust might well strain the manifold.
Rolls Royce Shrewsbury, working on the Eagle Diesels and other military engines.

I made sure they fitted the bracket that stabilises the down pipe off the manifold (above the flexi) to the bell housing to the new system.... they even made a mess of that but it does still do the job.

Paul,
the shiny surface does influence the reading. At work we wanted to read the temperaure of a shiny tank and the thermal camera picked up the temperature of the flare half a mile away that was reflected on the shiny stainless steel surface of the tank.

Back