Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fabrication/welding request.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hand's up if you like welding guys …

I want something made for Brenda. No Hurry at all as I'm saving the pennies for a 4" stainless snorkel.
I'm after someone who could modify the filter housing for more flow. As per the below pics.
the intake is 4" and the outlet transitions from 4" down to 3.5"
Any takers ? I'd probs send you my airbox and lid the end of July and wouldn't need it back till 2022.
PM if it's something you fancy doing to get you into the shed and away from love island.
IMG_20190401_210235.jpg
IMG_20190401_210235.jpg
IMG_20190405_182417.jpg
IMG_20190406_084856.jpg
IMG_20190407_083749.jpg
IMG_20190409_174732.jpg

Interesting I have a petrol airbox lid I am going to fit as this has much better airflow then the diesel one

Interesting I have a petrol airbox lid I am going to fit as this has much better airflow then the diesel one

I was hunting around for one of those and this popped up, the petrol ones are an inch larger which must help.
I think with the 4" intake the petrol lid would work well enough but see them at many many dollars.
I figure there is no point to a 4" snorkel if the bottleneck into the filter housing is 3"

Chasing the ponies HW? :)

Just to confirm. Your modifying your existing air box?
The fellas who laser cut the tailgate hatches would do a nice job of that for you.

I got mine off Karl it was very dear. Just need to extend the bolt and buy a 90deg pipe.

The restriction is greatly reduced .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-INCH-1...951802?hash=item2ce8f54f7a:g:cIcAAOSwDkVaXOZw ....I would start with something like this .... Then figure out how to make it fit, Got to be easier than all that Clam shell business..Just my Tuppence worth:thumbup:

Cheers Higgy, i looked at the "official airbox " thread on mud and the guy who welded the one up in the pictures recons that 3.5" is needed so the bonnet will close.
I'm gonna get a stick with some blu tac on the end and do some tests to be sure... highly technical method :)

I got mine off Karl it was very dear. Just need to extend the bolt and buy a 90deg pipe.

The restriction is greatly reduced .

I've seen them for 300+ on partsouk, amayama doesn't have a price and there is a cheap source but the site is Russian and i'm dubious

Chasing the ponies HW? :)

Just to confirm. Your modifying your existing air box?
The fellas who laser cut the tailgate hatches would do a nice job of that for you.

PM me their details and Oh .. Do you have an Airbox lying around ?

Hahaha just saw that first bit, gone from chasing "fillies" to chasing ponies, for entirely different reasons i may add.

Last edited:
Pipercross do a filter for a petrol too If using the air filter housing :icon-wink: not too expensive either.

Pipercross do a filter for a petrol too If using the air filter housing :icon-wink: not too expensive either.

I'm sold on the Toyota washable filter, some guy on the mud thread ran tests and apparently you should rip off the fancy custom cubic airboxes with the cone filters and go back to the drum, the swirl makes them very efficient the only restriction is the intake/exits.

It would prob be sold HW but i've not started looking at the engine ............ yet

I'm sold on the Toyota washable filter, some guy on the mud thread ran tests and apparently you should rip off the fancy custom cubic airboxes with the cone filters and go back to the drum, the swirl makes them very efficient the only restriction is the intake/exits.

I've got a stock air filter housing with a pipercross, different piping inside the wing, definitely has more induction noise.

Back