Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Factory Service Manual UZJ100, FZJ100, 105 HDJ 100 and HZJ105

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
I've come across what I believe to be a full Factory Service Manual for the following Land Cruisers

UZJ100
FZJ100, 105
HDJ100
HZJ105

Its a very comprehensive set of documents, but there are a lot of them.

Unfortunately the documents came to me mostly without titles so you'll need to go through them to familiarise yourself with what is in them. I didn't want to go through them guessing at the document titles so I have added them where its obvious.

*****EDITED*****

Docs can now be downloaded from this link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/510l6s5djnn1b8y/AAAedUcRzdF1BHPAngE0CJ2xa?dl=0

Also, a really useful link (probably more useful than my files above)(provided by @IvanD ) as found in post 29 http://lc100e.github.io/manual/

N

Last edited:
I've come across what I believe to be a full Factory Service Manual for the following Land Cruisers

UZJ100
FZJ100, 105
HDJ100
HZJ105

Unfortunately the documents came to me mostly without titles so you'll need to go through them to familiarise yourself with what is in them. I didn't want to go through them guessing at the document titles so I have added them where its obvious.

They are in my Dropbox so if you want access to download them let me know your e-mail address and i'll send you an invite.
Sounds great [email protected]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UZJ100
FZJ100, 105
HDJ100
HZJ105

They are in my Dropbox so if you want access to download them let me know your e-mail address and i'll send you an invite.
Thanks, very interesting.

Hi @trektheandes there should be a link in your inbox.

Are you based in Peru? We're setting off on the Pan America next June starting in Canada. Should be getting to Peru mid 2021. Any tips on good places to go? We'll prob do all the normal tourist stuff, but if there is anywhere a bit more remote or off the radar that you know of and are happy to share ?

Hi @trektheandes there should be a link in your inbox.

Are you based in Peru? We're setting off on the Pan America next June starting in Canada. Should be getting to Peru mid 2021. Any tips on good places to go? We'll prob do all the normal tourist stuff, but if there is anywhere a bit more remote or off the radar that you know of and are happy to share ?

Thanks Nick.

Yes, 40 minutes outside Cusco. If we are around when you are here you are all welcome to stay.
I am jealous- we always get somewhere and have to turn around and drive back.

How old will your kids be- and how much time will you have for Peru? Then I can give you some suggestions. Depends on what you are into as well.

Travelling with my two girls around Peru over the last few years (they are now 13 and 10) what they love above all is stopping a while in a place and just chatting to different people- be it the ladies in the market or overlanders at a campsite, people weaving bracelets at the beach, whatever. And any place that has pets always seems a winner.

They have never been that excited by the main tourist sites- much happier camping in small places and small towns where it is safe for them to wander around and just chat to people and have a little bit of freedom without me being worried about their safety.

If you have not seen the ioverlander app that works brilliantly here with loads of information on places to camp and more. Seems very well used here, so gets a lot of updates.

Machu Picchu- most people would consider it a must-see, but my girls have never been that impressed with it- they found it a bit busy and regulated.

Lares is worth a slight detour. An area of hills just behind the Sacred Valley near Cusco. Has hot springs- big ones which you can swim in- and the people in the area have retained a lot of their traditions. They bulldozed a new road maybe 2 years ago, but hardly anyone who lives there has cars, so pretty traffic-free, so you can now do a lovely little circuit, from Ollantaytambo (in the Sacred Valley) up across the hills to the hot springs about 40km on dirt road mainly, then onto Calca which brings you back into the Sacred Valley (from the springs onward is tarmac, but a beautiful drive through the hills about 100km). Calca is about 1 hr from Cusco. Ollantaytambo 1hr 30 ( it is where most people get the train to Machu Picchu from).

Chachapoyas and Kuelap in the north are meant to be worth seeing- not very touristed yet and home to some impressive looking archaeological sites in stunning locations.

The Amazon- that is something every kid would love I am sure. The jungle lodges near Puerto Maldonado ( 8hrs drive from Cusco) are much better than the ones in Iquitos. They have a much more sustainable idea of tourism and better wildlife.

Manu Road is a great drive, starts just past our doorway, and takes about 8 hrs again to get to the jungle- road is rougher than the one to Puerto Maldonado. While to go into the Manu Biospshere itself costs a lot, there are some cheap places to stay along the road itself, and it feels like a real adventure. You can spot monkeys in the lower parts. If you are into birds it is one of the best stretches in the world.

Peruvian coast- not the best coastline in the world for camping as there is very little in the long stretches of desert between towns. Some nice places in the north. Sea cold and rough south of Lima.

Some great drives if you cross from Cusco or Titicaca to the coast- big altiplano scenery.

One thing to be aware of is you do need to choose where you camp. For a country with such stunning scenery, it is a shame that you need to exercise caution in a lot of it. For instance, south of Lima by Paracas and Ica, there are fantastic huge dunes with secluded beaches (Dakar goes through here). Yet most of the locals who take their 4x4s there will only go in groups- as there have been various incidents- so safety in numbers. Along the northern coast again there have been quite a few incidents.

That said- most people are lovely and friendly and very welcoming indeed- especially as you have kids.

Hope that helps- anything else you need to know, now or nearer the time- just ask.
We are off on a road trip to Colombia in 3 weeks' time- Christmas till end of Feb (which is the school holidays here). Can`t wait.

Last edited:
WOW, Thanks @trektheandes some great information there.

Once you get back from Colombia put some photos up of your trip - We love to see photos on here. Be safe.

N

Hi, would really appreciate seeing a manual, I have a 105 1HZ.
My email is [email protected]
Many thanks,
Tom

UZJ100
FZJ100, 105
HDJ100
HZJ105

There you go chaps. Should be a link in your e-mail. Sorry Tom, I have only just seen this.

Hey! That sounds great. Could you send me that, please? We bought a HDJ100 a couple of weeks ago, but I think there are some little things that are not like they should, so if I could fix them by myself, it would be good.
Thanks!

Hey! That sounds great. Could you send me that, please? We bought a HDJ100 a couple of weeks ago, but I think there are some little things that are not like they should, so if I could fix them by myself, it would be good.
Thanks!

Yep no problem. Let me have your e-mail address and i'll give you access via dropbox.

N

Back