Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fake Stratford - 18-20 Sep 2020 - Haxey, N Lincs

Jacob100

Supporter
As a last-minute alternative to the cancelled AO Show Gabby and James at Willow Fields campsite in Haxey in North Lincolnshire have said that we are more than welcome to use their field for a casual meet around the weekend of 18-20 September. Just turn up when you want and stay for as long as you like. All they ask under the current situation is that you book individually with them rather than as a group. You can text or call them on the phone number in the photo.

1599909291159.png

It's a spacious and very relaxed site surrounded by open fields. There are trucks and trailers scattered around, a few animals, a small clubhouse, basic toilet and shower blocks, recycling bins and drinking water but no EHUs. There's a Coop in the village and a few riverside pubs nearby.

Small fires are allowed as long as they are a foot off the grass.

Cost is £5 per person per night (children half price, dogs on leads go free). Cash or PayPal.

NB. The location is off Epworth Rd A161 just outside the village of Haxey near Doncaster. The postcode is misleading which upsets the neighbours so the owners have asked us to use their what3words (hunches.socket.stiletto) alternatively 53.491930, -0.831842 or see screengrab below for directions.

UPDATE: Day visitors are welcome FOC within reason.

Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 12.07.46.png

In the usual fashion:

1. Jacob & Emma
2. Chris
3. Trevor
4. Andy & Maria
5. Beijing Ballie
6. Tony (plus date?)

Last edited:
1. Jacob & Emma
2. Chris
3. Trevor
4. Andy & Maria
5. Beijing Ballie
6. Tony (plus date?)
7 David

Well done Jacob. We shall all go to the ball.

I picked this up for a tenner on Gumtree today. I’ll bring it along next weekend and hopefully we can all make good use of it.

10981221-A4A1-456B-8A52-AB782FBD93A8.jpeg

Nearly fell off my seat when I saw “Haxey” as my Dad likes there. I’m hoping to be over to him that Saturday (19th) to get some jobs done for him, would be great if I could pop down and put faces to the names here on the site! Would that be okay?

Of course. The campsite is gated but I'll check with them about day visitors. Can't see that being a problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1. Jacob & Emma
2. Chris
3. Trevor
4. Andy & Maria
5. Beijing Ballie
6. Tony (plus date?)
7. David
8. Dave DH.FJ120

All booked in. Come on folks, room for more!

That's me booked in for the not a gathering

Last edited:

1. Jacob & Emma
2. Chris
3. Trevor
4. Andy & Maria
5. Beijing Ballie
6. Tony (plus date?)
7. David
8. Dave DH.FJ120
9. Nick

Booked in :)

Yes, they've told me day people are welcome as long as they don't "stay for 12 hours, go home for a kip and come back for another 12 hours".

Thanks, no just for the day. Not set up for camping yet but i thought it would be good to see other people's set up and get to see folk face to face (under social distancing rules of course).

Thanks, no just for the day. Not set up for camping yet but i thought it would be good to see other people's set up and get to see folk face to face (under social distancing rules of course).

That’s great - see you there.

Yes, tents, trailers, caravans, motorhomes - anything goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I think we will come along, I have stayed with Jonny and gabby before, nine site
1. Jacob & Emma
2. Chris
3. Trevor
4. Andy & Maria
5. Beijing Ballie
6. Tony (plus date?)
7. David
8. Dave DH.FJ120
9. Nick
10. Jon and Tash (Alf my pop in)

Good to see a few more names on the list. Any more takers?

Not much organisation behind this one. Not sure what time I’ll be able to get away on Friday so first person through the gates secures a nice corner spot and we’ll take it from there.

Back