Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fed up with Toyota taking the...

nathanrobo

Absolutely fed up with Toyo being so anti-customer.

Last week I order a few trim clips and a couple of small shear bolts

[URL=http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/bartsimo/media/IMG_0727_zpskqcbkuad.jpg.html]IMG_0727_zpskqcbkuad.jpg[/URL]

which somehow managed to come to £25

Then to add insult to injury, I needed to order a bit of AHC fluid to top up the reservoir - needed maybe half litre. So I called the local stealer and asked for a 2.5 litre can, which is what I'd bought previously. A day later I get a call to say that Toyota had discontinued the 2.5 litre cans and only have 5 litres at £72. So that's £72 to top up my reservoir.

Don't think I'll be buying another Toyota - It's just not an equitable relationship :-(

Attachments

• IMG_0727_zpskqcbkuad.jpg
    IMG_0727_zpskqcbkuad.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 14
Absolutely fed up with Toyo being so anti-customer.

Last week I order a few trim clips and a couple of small shear bolts

View attachment 110734

which somehow managed to come to £25

Then to add insult to injury, I needed to order a bit of AHC fluid to top up the reservoir - needed maybe half litre. So I called the local stealer and asked for a 2.5 litre can, which is what I'd bought previously. A day later I get a call to say that Toyota had discontinued the 2.5 litre cans and only have 5 litres at £72. So that's £72 to top up my reservoir.

Don't think I'll be buying another Toyota - It's just not an equitable relationship :-(
I didn't fare much better recently. The vehicle went in for a recall, and at the same time gets the aircon regassed. Just got home from picking the vehicle up, when the phone rings, it's the garage. Turns out that their gassing machine was faulty, and the vehicle has to come back.
I had a medical problem and was in hospital for 2 weeks, after which I called them, or tried for 2 days, to rebook the vehicle in, I was told: "We are very busy, you know!". I left 4 messages, for someone to call me back, but to no avail. I then went to the garage the next day, only to find 4 people, not being "very busy", and no one of them phoned me back, to sort out the problem they caused. Shocking!

The grass is greener on the other side but don't go in to VW's field it's poisonous.

The grass is greener on the other side but don't go in to VW's field it's poisonous.

VW's have never appealed to me - I don't have any time for Beamers either...

I've got an E320 CDI and an C320CDI and amazingly if I find the part numbers most of the parts are fairly cheap at the Merc Van dealer (closer than the car stealer). I guess Mercedes need to demonstrate to businesses a low cost of ownership for the Sprinter. Not all parts are in the commercial catalogue though. On non critical parts there are lots of pattern parts on ebay too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As a new member of the fold, I must admit I'm finding Toyota land a bit stiff, parts cost wise! :astonished:

I've been running BMW since 2002 (still do) and to be honest Mr B's parts prices seem keener than Mr T's. Very helpful parts dept too :)

I've got an E320 CDI and an C320CDI and amazingly if I find the part numbers most of the parts are fairly cheap at the Merc Van dealer (closer than the car stealer). I guess Mercedes need to demonstrate to businesses a low cost of ownership for the Sprinter. Not all parts are in the commercial catalogue though. On non critical parts there are lots of pattern parts on ebay too.

This was the same with Volvo in the 1970's - it was cheaper to buy headlights and things from Volvo trucks than Volvo cars... and because they were the same company at the time, they did a bit of parts sharing.

Back