Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally finished with my 1972 one owner (prior to me) FJ40

jlpurcell

Country Flag
united_states
Just finished my FJ40 restoration. The last project was installing gas struts inside my stock rear hatch lift tubes. This was a 10 minute project once the research was complete and the correct gas struts sourced. This was the idea project a completely rust free one owner FJ40 to start the project with.

IMG_2176 (2).JPG IMG_2178 (2).JPG IMG_2171 (1).JPG IMG_2169 (1).JPG IMG_2175 (2).JPG IMG_2172 (2).JPG IMG_2173 (2).JPG

Fantastic job!
Looks better than new.
My bj46 looks a bit more 'agricultural' compared to this gem.

That is an absolutely gorgeous 40. You have made a great job of that. Love it, love the colour. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hi that is a top job love that cruiser thanks for the pics love it it 's a big :thumbup: from Tony

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am thinking about a roof rack. Has anyone had experience with Gobi? I am looking at this with the light bar, wind deflector, and rear drive side ladder. Thoughts?
http://www.gobiracks.com/product/gobi-toyota-fj40-stealth/

The Gobi racks are popular with the 4runner guys in the US. I just asked someone who has one (Arizona based, had the Gobi stealth one) and he is very happy with it. So based on a sample size of 1 ..... Seems ok :)

Took the FJ to it's first car show. I am not a big fan of car shows, but this was for a good cause. It is always interesting to be the only foreign car in a show. A show of mostly hot rods and Corvettes. A couple of the judges got it! IMG_1899 (1).JPG IMG_1892 (2).JPG

Back