Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Finally, manage to get out for 1 night

garygiles1963

hi

So last year I had planned to travel the Western Alps, unfortunately just a few weeks before leaving, Mum had a couple of stokes. So of course she took president, for most of the past year. Had it all planned for this July, of course, Mum had a fall and busted her hip, trip cancelled been with Mum, based in Guernsey, for the past 3 weeks.

Been doing lost of tinkering with the truck and brought a few bits to help with the comfort of travelling. Finally manage to get out to a camp site last Sunday to try out my new setup.

Here are some pics,

DJI_0845  v1.jpg
DJI_0851 v1.jpg
DJI_0854. v1.jpg
DJI_0855 v1.jpg
IMG_0262 v1_resize.jpg
IMG_0265 v1_resize.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_0272 v1_resize.jpg
IMG_0271 v1_resize.jpg

Looks great Gary.
Sorry to hear about your mum.

Yep family comes first. Nice set-up. Been thinking about a drone for a while. Which one have you got? Is it any good?

hi

Yep my Mum is my No1, she been there for me 100% for last 56yrs. Lot worse places to be stuck.

I have a Mavric Air. Plus, Picture and video quality is fantasic. Very quick to fly. size. Minus battery life is short, about 15min, which means your limited on how far you can fly, having 4 batteries help, but you will never get the distance you get with Maviric Pro. Also uses wifi to comunicate , which makes flying round tall objects flacky as the signal drops.

If anyone would like to hire it, happy to do so, its just another camera to me which I brought for when traveling.

Regards
Gary

Stay strong Gary and I hope you’re not getting rid of the Eriba.

Jacob,

Thank you, much appreciated.

I won't be getting rid of the Eriba for a very long time. When I'm in London for more than a week, she is my home, so once Mum is sorted l be back in the Eriba :) sooner than later I hope.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thoughts are with you Gary, it’s tough, none of us are getting any younger.

Guernsey is beautiful, I spent a fair bit of time there years ago....

Great set up Gary. There’s always next year for the Alps, don’t think they’re going anywhere.

Back