Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fire-Extinguishers

Daniel911

Dear forum.

We will be introducing new product on the UK market soon but would like to give the forum first view of the product.

The flame inhibitor is unique: SUPER EFFECTIVE, PRACTICAL, VERY LIGHT, PORTABLE, ECOLOGICAL

It is a manual dispenser of potassium aerosol, originally designed for use in space by NASA, this is the result of the last generation technology to extinguish the beginning of fires with a strong extinguishing capacity, innocuous and eco-compatible which does not leave any residual. It also installed in all new BMW vehicles in Italy.

Easy to use, it does not require any maintenance, it has no expiration date and it is always ready to use thanks to its unique and effective ignition patent.

Very small and unbeatable in effectiveness, MANGIAFUOCO is perfect to keep at home or in the car. Its sizes are those of a cylinder with a diameter of about 3,5 cm of a length of 33 cm and a weight of only 450 gr, like a travelling umbrella.

But its action is absolutely amazing: during its erogation it produces a powerful jet of potassium aerosol of a 50 seconds duration instead of 6-8 seconds of the usual fire-extinguishers of small sizes and 20-30 seconds of those with 10 Kg powder.

Only this grants you 50 seconds which become of great importance in case of danger, 100 seconds to control flames, 50 seconds to prevent the most irreparable events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcG3k4uom8

MANGIAFUOCO NAUTICO 8B

Price: £46.53

Please PM me for more info.

Looks pretty nifty - a 'use once' device I think? Any way to re-fill, or is it a toss and get another? And is that a delivered, bulk-order price?

Regards

Gary

I think this is a great gadget. It is small so that it can fit anywhere in the car. I'll be installing one in the rear of the car and one in the front.

I've once tried to help a Landrover that where in flames but my extinguisher failed to engage (not joking). My wife had a serious talk with me after the event. What if it was our car!!!. Luckily she did not know my small 2l extinguisher would not have made any difference as it would have only lasted about 5 seconds. Not like this one that last 50 seconds.

Correct, it is a use once device. The price will include shipping.

Daniel the thing I hate most about the standard small 1kg and 2kg fire extinguishers is exactly as you said, they are ineffective as you need at least a large 10kg bottle dry powder to even try and extinguish a vehicle fire... I know I was in the fire brigade... :dance:

Believe me you also don't want to use the dry powder in your car either... because it is worse than Lybian dust and you can never get all the white stuff out... (that LR owner should be glad the thing burned out rather than have his car covered in baby powder... :lol: )

Ohh and add the fact that you have to get them re-certified & tested annually and the fact that they become a very high velocity bullet in the event of an accident have always put me off having one in the car.

But I'll have two of these going in my Cruiser for the Africa trip for sure!!!

With EU requirements that you must have a fire extinguisher, Hi-Vi jackets, Triangles, etc. in your car I need to get something anyway... :thumbup:

Do you think we'll have an example unit at the London meet-up on Thursday?

How many would we have to buy as a group to get that price down a bit? I would be interested in 2.

I'd be pretty keen on 2 (initially) - one for me, one for SWMBO, both to go with me when we go on long trips.

What's the shelf-life? Would hate for it to just go pffft... and nothing else... 2 years down the line just when I need it :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd be interested in 2 or 3 if there's a gb.

I might be interested in 2 depending on price.

They have a 5 year shelf life according to the manufactures home page

Thanks Warren - yep, I'll probablygo with 2 as well. A minute's worth of extinguisher is good - 2 minutes should be even better!! Here's hoping I never need to use it!

fridayman said:
How many would we have to buy as a group to get that price down a bit? I would be interested in 2.
I'm interested too so +1 on that

Warrenpfo - These have a 5 year guarantee, but UNLIMITED shelf life according to the manufacturer. If I'm not mistaken these specific ones even come with a nifty plastic carry case for storage... Daniel911..?

Garry if these do one minute (or 50 seconds) which is about five times longer than a large standard dry powder bottle, don't you think the bigger unit (the two minute one your're refering to) will be an overkill...? Or does the phrase "mine is bigger (or in this case lasts longer) than yours apply here...

Daniel911 pm sent...

Seems the Nautical is the 8B not 13B?

And the 2 minutes (ish) I was referring was achieved by having two units to use, not one big one :lol: so 2 minutes if needed else one unit used only...,

Cheers

I'd take 2 if the price came down a little . one for the cruiser and one for SWMBO to put in her car

Has there been any independent testing of these? All we have seen is the manufacturers video. Do these conform to an BSxxxx standards?

Don't want to put a damper on this thread as these do seem to be really good, but for something as important as this I would want to know it will actually work when the shit does hit the fan...

Hi Tony, I'm sure that these must be adequatly approved if all new BMW's sold in Italy (as per Daniel911's original post) now have these fitted as standard from the factory. That in itself tells me enough about the unit since a automotive giant like BMW will not mess about...

On the manufacturers website there are loads of certifications including the "European 89/6861 CE Directive" which is the important one. Others like RINA are for marine and PPE clasifications...

Don't know what they'll eventually sell for in the UK once everything is up and running, but a previous quote from Europe was in the region of £70-£80ea delivered... so these are almost half price! :thumbup:

Don't want to nit pick here... but that regulation seems to relate to how a product is rated against a fire hazard.... It's a bit of a boring point to be honest, but here is an extract of that regulation:

Bold bit highlighted....

Protection against heat and/or fire

PPE designed to protect all or part of the body against the effects of heat and/or fire must possess thermal insulation capacity and mechanical strength appropriate to foreseeable conditions of use.

PPE constituent materials and other components

Constituent materials and other components suitable for protection against radiant and convective heat must possess an appropriate coefficient of transmission of incident heat flux and be sufficiently incombustible to preclude any risk of spontaneous ignition under the foreseeable conditions of use.

Where the outside of these materials and components must be reflective, its reflective power must be appropriate to the intensity of the heat flux due to radiation in the infra-red range.

Materials and other components of equipment intended for brief use in high-temperature environments and of PPE which may be splashed by hot products such as large quantities of molten material must also possess sufficient thermal capacity to retain most of the stored heat until after the user has left the danger area and removed his PPE.

PPE materials and other components which may be splashed by large amounts of hot products must also possess sufficient mechanical-impact absorbency (see 3.1).

PPE materials and other components which may accidentally come into contact with flame and those used in the manufacture of fire-fighting equipment must also possess a degree of non-flammability corresponding to the risk class associated with the foreseeable conditions of use. They must not melt when exposed to flames nor contribute to flame propagation.

{edit} Thisis probably a easier read.....

Anyway, is this being imported and sold by yourself Daniel? Have you done any testing with it?

Might be worth while running a demmo with a few of these at the next Lincomb event (there is always a fire going) :think:

These are the same principle as the quick draw fires extinguishers.

here

Not sure where we are on this but having had some conversation with the manufacturer they would look at doing us a deal for 18+ units. If we get over 27 units the price comes down even more.

I have been quoted:

Quantity: 18 or 27 pieces (the box is composed by 9 pieces)
Price: € 40,00 each piece
Delivery cost: € 120,00

Works out at £38 a unit landed to my front door at 20 units.

I should add this is for the larger unit that lasts 100 seconds, http://www.mangiafuoco.biz/download/SCH ... _13BGB.pdf

Not wanting to upset anyone but just thought I would let you know as it might help.

Back