Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First Landcrusier 2005 SWB

deece

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,

Im looking at buying my first LC, i have a few posts on the 90s section where Shayne has been very helpful.

But now a 2005 SWB has come up and the guy has sent me some shots of the chassis, which has been wax oiled..

Something has thrown me though, i could be wrong ,but doesn't this year model have a fuel tank protector with holes in, is it missing ?

IMG-20160330-WA0009.jpgIMG-20160330-WA0007.jpgIMG-20160330-WA0008.jpg

Also i'm little concerned it may be be a waxoil over rust job?

Here a few more photos he sent, still haven't got one of the engine bay yet :(

IMG-20160330-WA0005.jpgIMG-20160330-WA0004.jpg

Thanks
Dave

My tank protector has holes, but its a 2005 LWB. Tank in a different place.
Always my concern with Waxoyl, you don't know what's underneath.

All other ones i've looked at have holes in, weird this one doesn't? Yep Waxoyl is annoying, its on my defender and I worry it s just slowly rotting underneath.
Its becoming a big mission trying to find a decent landcruiser SWB

All other ones i've looked at have holes in, weird this one doesn't? Yep Waxoyl is annoying, its on my defender and I worry it s just slowly rotting underneath.
Its becoming a big mission trying to find a decent landcruiser SWB

Stick with it, the road to a super smart Cruiser is littered with disapointed viewings, the first one I bought (20 years ago) was the 30th I viewed, and that was when they were a current model!!

There is no tank guard in place. That's the actual tank you are seeing. I'm pretty sure it should have one, maybe rust got to it and the owner decided to just remove it? If that's the case, it gives a good indication of how severe the rust might be

Yep , thought as much. the seller wont send me a picture of the engine bay, only a picture of the battery so hes definitely hiding something. Its the grey one on gumtree. O'well the search continues.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes it should have holes, some sort of protection. Be careful.

Back