Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitting an EGR plate D4-d engine?

cbv8

Country Flag
england
Hi All,
Is it me or is it a right pain trying to fit this plate to the D4-d engine i removed to steering fluid reservoir to gain more access to the egr blanking location but find there is no give does the whole cooler assembly have to be removed to fit the blanking plate? any suggestions very much appreciated this is the diagram of the fitting location where i bought the plate from :confusion-shrug:
1600691048864.png

Rather than me explain how its done and maybe confuse you , look on ozbush electronics website under download instruction manual and other useful information , look under fitting or blocking egr on 1KD-FTV it will show you step by step photos with instruction'son how to fit blanking plate , any thing your not sure of ask and I will explain how its done .

If your going to do it the fast easier way and you have a plate without slots at the boltholes as you will see on ozbush site he has cut slots in the plate , or you can buy a plate with slots and a small tag that you bend 90 degrees so you can use a long nose plyers to hold the plate and slip it in under the egr cooler pipe when loosened ozbush says it takes half hour , it took me just over a hour because I had trouble removing the common rail electric connector as mine was stuck on real tight , or you can fit plate without slots by removing the egr valve and taking off the egr cooler bolts so you can pull it back as far as it will go against the injector fuel pipes which you may as well give the egr valve and entry of the inlet manifold a good clean out and then fit the blanking plate which will take you a full day to dismantle clean and refit everything , well it took me a full day as I have not got skinny fingers to get into small spaces .

Thanks Tony that is a great help indeed i did actually email the seller to say should the plate have slots in to aid fitment but he said i was the first to ask this and will need to remove the other coolant bolts to help fitting but your instructions are much easier thanks again :thumbup:

Yup I slotted my plate and fitted it with just loosening the egr thing. Like Tony, the electrical connector to the injectors was a pain as the release tab was on the engine side needing a small hand and a lot of patience to get to.

Back