Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ40 V8 convertion

derikswart

Country Flag
australia
Hi, new to the forum. Am thinking of doing a project buying an old FJ40 and building a LEXUS V8 into it.
I live in Western Australia and would like to chat with people that have done that specific conversion or that can give me some guidance.
I do have a BJ42 completely original that I am going to keep as is.
Just thinking of getting a second one to play with, maybe buying a cheap registered one and replacing the engine with a V8.
I do not want to spent lots of money on it, but I would like to get an idea of what something like this will cost.
I've looked at a few U-tube clips and like the idea of the LEXUS machine, I personally am not a Chevvy fan, no specific reason.
Any comment would be appreciated, thanks

Hi mate

if i was lucky enough to live somewhere with the sun on my back like you guys out there then i would not be messing with a lexus V8 i would be getting myself well involved with some 4.5 D4D V8 action,

Hi,
There is company in Oz that makes a conversion plate so you can connect the Toyota box to the V8. Go for an early 90s Lexus V8 complete with ecu - i.e. before they got too much electronics. Never seen a Lexus V8 40 in real life but found several photos (in Oz) and it does look good.
I'll try and find the link for the conversion plate, unless you've already found it.

Cheers

Back