Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For sale: Rock Sliders for 80 Series

Lorin

I have a set of rock sliders to fit an 80 that I no longer need. These were originally made by JW to fit the truck I now own but were never fitted. They are designed to fit an 80 auto with a 1" body lift and to be snug up under the sill. To fit them to a manual 80 the front leg position on the passenger side needs to be altered. They currently have a rough coat of Hammerite on them and the side bars are separate, so they need finishing. I will also include all the fitting hardware - U-bolts, nuts and bolts.

I'm not sure what they weight but they are very heavy - probably around 35-40kg a side. Shipping is probably not a viable option, so collection only.

£250 ono

Lorin would these fit a manual 80 without a body lift, besides the front bracket?

Asking for rosy who is busy earning more cruiser units

These are the same style I just fitted at Lincomb, I know the auto and manual ones are slightly different with the leg positioning.

I must say they are a bargain at that price though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My thoughts exactly. It's gotta be cheaper to alter the leg than have a set made up. But if the angle of the dangle the body lift makes causes another issue then maybe not

The height of them is quite adjustable from the u bolts - not sure if the 1" of height would be too much or put the side steps at a funny angle though.

Lorin would these fit a manual 80 without a body lift, besides the front bracket?

I suspect not. I bolted them up once and they were tight to the sill. Leg positioning could be altered

Thanks for the reply. I'd have called pretend dibs for him if it was just the leg. Saw grants at lincomb. Very sturdy!

Solid second dibs for me please Lorin. Any chance of some pics? :)

Rosy you know I have the jigs to set the front arm for a manual......

Welding the sides on isn’t difficult

I'd just like to say I never officially dibsed them. Very difficult when someone doesn't answer the phone!

Guys, I feel bad.

I did say I’d be second in line but as Lorin said, there were no first dibs, so @Rosy if you really want them, I’ve not picked them up yet and I wouldn’t feel right having them if you’re thinking you’ve missed out. If you’re happy as it is, then just say and I’ll pick them up at the end of the month if that’s OK with Lorin.

Guys, I feel bad.

I did say I’d be second in line but as Lorin said, there were no first dibs, so @Rosy if you really want them, I’ve not picked them up yet and I wouldn’t feel right having them if you’re thinking you’ve missed out. If you’re happy as it is, then just say and I’ll pick them up at the end of the month if that’s OK with Lorin.
nothing to feel bad about richy rich, you were first with a yes please

same as i dont feel bad about my maxtrax :)

nothing to feel bad about richy rich, you were first with a yes please

same as i dont feel bad about my maxtrax :)
I know Nick and thanks.

What Maxtrax?

Back