Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forty years ago

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Congrats JM, so there was a ruby cluster ring in a box on the kitchen table waiting for her at breakfast time today, I presume ? :whistle:

Congratulations JM mine can't put up with me for 40 minutes which is handy because weddings take longer than that :icon-smile:

40 years is an achievement of merit though so good luck and best wishes for many more years t0 come :thumbup:

Congratulations JM mine can't put up with me for 40 minutes which is handy because weddings take longer than that :icon-smile:

40 years is an achievement of merit though so good luck and best wishes for many more years t0 come :thumbup:

:text-+1:

:text-+1::text-+1:

We clock up 15 yrs this Thursday, all good so far.... :thumbup:

(well, for me at any rate) :whistle:

I dont know how you guys manage it. I've never been able to stick with someone for more than a few years, or them with me.

I got married once, but only for about 18 months. Ha, it was actually 3 years to tha day from wedding day to decree absolut day!

But I've managed to keep hold of my Landcruiser since new in '94, and my Fireblade since '95, so its not all bad.

I dont know how you guys manage it. I've never been able to stick with someone for more than a few years, or them with me.

I got married once, but only for about 18 months. Ha, it was actually 3 years to tha day from wedding day to decree absolut day!

But I've managed to keep hold of my Landcruiser since new in '94, and my Fireblade since '95, so its not all bad.
Good on 'ya' That's the spirit, :thumbup: I love the missus, but I like being on my own, Choice, 1 day at the zoo,2 tinker in the w/shop........ 2 please

Well, its not all roses but having children and then developing a 'family friendly' hobby helps. Also, having enough space for us each to have private space is a must.

In 1988 we bought an old farmhouse on a working farm - six bedrooms, five public, a large outbuilding and a 2-acre 'garden/wood/wildlife sanctuary'. The girls were 8 and 7 at the time.

With us it was horses - the girls got hooked (by a neighbour who started taking them around the fields) and we all got involved. With me it was providing a 'horse tug' and trailer, initially a Series III Landrover that I restored from a wreck then later a 90-series Landcruiser and finally the '100'.

We had animals - rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and endless cats that people dumped at the farm, plus a couple of horses (sometimes on loan and a couple we bought).

When the girls finished University I went back onto motorcycles, I currently have two on the road and four I'm restoring. My wife involves herself with the 'girls' and spends her time child-minding the younger daughter's children. Both have decent jobs, their own houses and their own lives (they are now 38 and 37). The younger one got married ten years ago. We still have two horses at a livery yard that my wife 'organises'.

The elder daughter competes on the horses and I still provide transport, trailer, fuel and finance. Its not easy on a pension but our lives revolve around their interests. I still get away on the bikes occasionally. Wife and I do NOT go on holiday together - that would be fatal !

Its about compromise, balancing one's interests with those of the other and having the space and time to run parallel lives to some extent.

I'm also an easy-going chap :laughing-rolling:.

Bob.

Wise words bob.
This here is the money line for me;

"Its about compromise, balancing one's interests with those of the other and having the space and time to run parallel lives to some extent."

The problem I have, is I simply don't fancy them any more!

Back