Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Free 1978 land cruiser

AndyAston

Country Flag
uk
Hi,

I need to get a Land Cruiser out of a feild in Wales. She has been Sat in a field since 2006. Mel has a detroit 6.2 litre V8 2 deisel tanks with a range of 1400km an Eberspach? Water heater.

We drove her from Cape town to North Cape in Norway. It would be great to get her back on tge road again.

Have a look at our old web site www.cape-to-cape.co.uk

Andy

Hi and welcome!
Hopefully Mel has had some protection sitting in a wet field for so long ... the Welsh weather wouldn't have been kind at all given it's been a decade! How come it was abandoned after such an epic trip?

Grant

In what way is Mel stuck? Can you find a local tractor to pull her out. I'm sure with some TLC you could get her back on the road again.

Welcome to the Forum Andy.

Hi Andy

I would be interested in this little project.

Can you pm me your phone number and we can discuss.

Cheers
Stu

In what way is Mel stuck? Can you find a local tractor to pull her out. I'm sure with some TLC you could get her back on the road again.

Ha, ha, maybe a slightly misleading title to the thread Andy, you might have all sorts thinking that you’re offering your wonderful 40 for free to a member, not a plea for help getting it out of the field :lol:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link, it seems you had a ball on your epic travels, and love your humor evident in the link.

Best wishes in your new venture getting Mel back into service, I’m sure he’s as keen to be back in business as you are to free him from the mud :lol:

Please dont forget, loads of photos of his release and refurb, I’ll be watching out for this with interest :thumbup:

Ha, ha, maybe a slightly misleading title to the thread Andy, you might have all sorts thinking that you’re offering your wonderful 40 for free to a member, not a plea for help getting it out of the field :lol:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link, it seems you had a ball on your epic travels, and love your humor evident in the link.

Best wishes in your new venture getting Mel back into service, I’m sure he’s as keen to be back in business as you are to free him from the mud :lol:

Please dont forget, loads of photos of his release and refurb, I’ll be watching out for this with interest :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am giving her away she needs to be gone by the end of September or she is going to be scrapped.

Hi Andy and welcome.

Definitely need photos to assess Mel.

My daughter has been talking about an early LC to go travelling in for years. She wants to do South America to Canada. The timing of this could be very good for her but, obviously, I don't want to get her hopes up until we can see the condition.

Regards,

Rodger

I am giving her away she needs to be gone by the end of September or she is going to be scrapped.

For the love of god man please slap yourself.....

.....then upload some photos of her current condition so we can all have a gander.

For the love of god man please slap yourself.....

.....then upload some photos of her current condition so we can all have a gander.
Ok. The problem is I live in Cornwall and it is in mid Wales. I will ask my mother to take a load of photos of her now.

Hi Andy and Welcome, I’m late to the party but if the other offers don’t work for you I can arrange removal of Mel and a very good Home (for her) and ongoing restoration. The Detroit sounds interesting (and probably amazing).
Gotta love a 40.

Best wishes,
Rich

Hi Andy and Welcome, I’m late to the party but if the other offers don’t work for you I can arrange removal of Mel and a very good Home (for her) and ongoing restoration. The Detroit sounds interesting (and probably amazing).
Gotta love a 40.

Best wishes,
Rich

Thinking of taking on a personal project? :)

Hi and welcome!
Hopefully Mel has had some protection sitting in a wet field for so long ... the Welsh weather wouldn't have been kind at all given it's been a decade! How come it was abandoned after such an epic trip?

Grant
Hi,

I put her in my uncles field for a couple of months wich turned into a couple of years and suddenly a decade has past. I think about her often and feel guilty. The feild is being sold and I have been asked to get her out.

I dont think she is stuck but she might take some persuasion to get her onto a trailer.

Gotta love a 40.

Best wishes,
Rich
Hi Rich,

Not used to these forums prehaps if you send me your phone number to my email [email protected] I will give you a call. Andy

Back