Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Freeways Latitude Group Buy

Ian Rubie said:
I will report back on my findings when I return and then people can choose if they want to order.

Does that mean I'm not too late to put my name down for a roofrack? My old Winbo one has started falling apart in a big way :?

Jim.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Does that mean I'm not too late to put my name down for a roofrack?
It does. I am due back just before Easter and ideally we will be ordering a week or so after that. I will know more about delivery times etc. when I return.

Ian

Excellent, thanks Ian. I also need to talk to you about some parts to overhaul my rear brakes at some point but no rush at the mo :thumbup:

Jim.

I am now back from my visit to China. I had a very interesting time touring showrooms and factories. To cut a very long story short, in my opinion, the quality of the bumpers I saw was not up to an acceptable standard. All the problems I found can be fixed, but it is going to take time.

As bumpers that are purely for show, they are fine. I don't think they will stand up to much punishment though. I have asked for some changes to be made, mainly thicker material and strengthening plates in certain places. The company are going to do some drawings and send them to us. Once they are approved they will make a sample, once that is approved they will make a batch.

We are going to continue along this path but we are also going to be looking into getting them made elsewhere where we would have a bit more control of the whole process.

So in summary the China thing is off for the foreseeable future - sorry. On a more positive note I can still arrange the group buy from Freeways at about 10% below list price. Depending on the size of the order I can hire a truck to go there and collect the goods to keep the delivery charges down.

Feel free to post or PM me any questions.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian. Pity about that - I was a bit wary seeing as the steel is a lot thinner that the ARB offering. I'll wait for the 'new and improved' version ...

Gary Stockton said:
I'll wait for the 'new and improved' version ...
No problem. Please don't expect anything soon though, if we do ever get a design we are happy with delivery will be months and months away.

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm so glad I waited for your views Ian, I'm now thinking of using my budget to find a cheap project 7x Series (although I really want an 80 but too expensive for me right now). Really appreciate you taking the time to investigate with such thoroughness.

Is the group buy still work in progress or has it been forgotten ???

Pretty much came to a halt I think. Not sure what everyone's thoughts are now - I no longer need a winch bumper :lol:

Back