Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fridge - remote temp monitor (Nat Luna)

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Guys,

My fridge is set in a large drawer (there will be a drawer front) and I will not be able to see the digital display very easily.
IMG-20190308-WA0003.jpg
I don't want to remove the panel as this will invalidate its warranty, hence I'm searching for a remoter temp monitor.

Now I know a probe would be the most reliable and accurate, but I'm really looking for a remote version so I don't have cables and probes hanging out etc etc. If I cannot find anything suitable, then I will just cutout bottom of the drawer to be able to see the fridge and operate the controls.

Any one have any ideas?

TIA

There are quite a few iPhone apps that use a remote sensor. A search on google will show various models depending on how much you want to spend and the level of functionality etc.

I seem to remember someone on here had one but couldn’t find the thread using the search function.

Lazz, I've had a couple of remote fridge sensors for mine and they've be OK. They're supposed to be for things like a freezer in the garage so you can remotely monitor temp in the kitchen. They are battery powered and have high and low alarms. They don't look very good in a truck but in your kitchen area above the worktop I think they'd be fine. I got a double one so there's a display in the fridge and one in the freezer. Having a NAt Luna myself, I think that the temp display on the front is complete fantasy. Never seems to match any thermometer I have put in there. I set mine with the ice test. Put a glass of water in there in the middle and leave it. I slowly drop the temp until it freezes. At that point I know it's zero degrees. Just. That gives me a datum. Mine is the single compressor dual compartment version and the fridge is supposed to be a set number of degrees higher than freezing. When I set the freezer to zero, the fridge temp is utter fiction.

Upshot is that I think you're better off with a remote. It's more likely to give you an accurate reading. I know that Ironman make a single zone one but it's daft money and looks crap

I had a Sense Peanut, worked via Bluetooth to app on IPhone, worked well for the price

@Nick + @cmc, Thanks for the replies guys. I don't want a phone app-based solution... In any event I don't possess an iPhone. ( No matter how many times I have written "possess" over the years, it never looks like the correct spelling !)

@C J, I'll have a look at the ironman solution, thanks.

I use a couple of inside/outside remote sender temp gauges, works very well and I have checked them for calibration and they checked out perfect from -15 to + 40.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a remote sensor almost identical to the one Chris shows a pic of
And then NL weekender fridge/freezer
The remote system works well, too small senders sit the fridge and freezer compartments and display is in cab of my Hilux

I'd be tempted to contact the manufacturer and ask them if you could remove the display and mount it elsewhere without any warranty issue. I'm sure you're wiring skills are up to it having seen what you've already tackled...

The Snomaster fridge freezer I got comes with a remote control which allows you to monitor and change the temps from about 8m away from the unit. It's also solar powered and had a handy little torch built in.

You'd think that sort of thing should be standard..

Back