Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front ARB style bumper

I think he's gone all quiet because it was actually Chas driving. Come on Chas - fess up! :lol:

Chris

It happened when Ben was in the back taking the fairs.................

Chris said:
I think he's gone all quiet because it was actually Chas driving. Come on Chas - fess up! :lol:

Chris
Oi! I was nowhere near there, I was at Greg's and I've got witnesses to prove it! :lol:

well i was waiting at a T junction, and turning left. the Bentley went past and there was a space after it. i looked back left and the Bentley was still moving, quick look right, still clear so out i went. turned to the left, just as my ARB style bumper was embedding itself into the back of the Bentley, so i stamped on the brakes. :shock:

i then sat for a second or so, and thought.....................please tell me that hasnt just happened, seriously that hasnt just happened. :o

then reality set in and i realised i had bloody hit it! :evil:

after sitting punching the steering wheel and repeatedly yelling f*** for a few seconds i looked up to see the chap had got out of the car and was stood there looking slightly shocked. :thumbdown:

we then moved the cars off the road and began exchanging details. he was very calm and said he wasnt bothered as it wasnt his car and that it was on loan from Bentley and was being returned that evening.
i asked him if i could have found a more expensive car to hit, and he said no probably not. he then told me it hadnt even done 100miles and was brand new! :(

just about to call my insurance company now and tell them the bad news! :thumbdown:

im hoping my application to emigrate to OZ wont take too long to process, as i might not be able to insure my cruiser here next year! :cool:

Ben, so sorry to hear of your problems, does your accident record not travel with you to Oz or can you start afresh? You could always find a Big Issue seller, slip him/her a few crinklies and get them to swear they saw this upper class twit Bentley driver reverse into you :lol: :lol:

:lol:

no i think i should be ok when i get to OZ.

the fact insurance isnt compulsory in Victoria (possibly the rest of OZ) helps.

REGO which is basically road tax includes 3rd party insurance. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah yes, I forgot about the insurance system in Aus

10 points for getting the biggest panel on the Bentley :thumbup:

Unlucky mate, I dread the day when I finally hit a lesser vehicle with my 80s winch bumper as I know its not gonna be cheap for the insurers! Let us what astronomical quote the Bentley dealership will come up with, bets anyone?

definitely the biggest panel Rob. :lol:

im not sure how theyd repair that properly, short of re-shelling it.
i mean who is going to want to pay 100grand+ for a Bentley thats body has been beaten and filled? :think:

must be at least 20k's worth of damage. :doh:

At least you don't have the hastle of sending your truck in to be repaired :)

You did tell your insurance company you've fitted a bull-bar didnt you?

Happens to the very best of us mate.

LHD UK bentley, there's an interesting story.

'Yes, I want it in metallic, connolly hide and left hand drive, but can I have less toyota in it please?'

Pete

20K :lol: Yea & the rest :)

My m8's misses was hit in a very similar way but @ the front end while driving their Merc convertible something on a 54 plate.

Repair bill £7800.00 :!: Like for Like vehicle hire @ £350 per day £7350.00 :shock: Total £15150 :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how much though :think:

I bet Mitch has one or two helpful comments for you :lol: ;)

wobbly said:
You did tell your insurance company you've fitted a bull-bar didnt you?

Happens to the very best of us mate.

LHD UK bentley, there's an interesting story.

'Yes, I want it in metallic, connolly hide and left hand drive, but can I have less toyota in it please?'

Pete

yeah they know about the bullbar, but they wont be inspecting my vehicle as im only insure third party fire and theft, and theres no damage to my vehicle. :twisted:

less toyota in it? :lol:

it is a bit strange that its LHD, maybe who ever was going to buy it does a lot of driving on the continent? after all it is a Grand Tourer. :think:

Mitch didnt say much Steven, he just laughed! :?

You was lucky Ben, there could have been loads more damage to that real nice motor.

But as it was there was no damage to it at all.

Birder said:
You was lucky Ben, there could have been loads more damage to that real nice motor.

But as it was there was no damage to it at all.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Thanks. :thumbup:

Still very pleased with the bumper, its holding up well. :clap:

Back