Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front bumper light mounts

hamba

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,

I've been searching for something to mount some LED driving lights on the front bumper but I can't seem to find anything that is not a nudge bar or silly money.
The closest I got was from Taubenreuther here Headlight mounting kit to fit Toyota J15 '15 on without Taubenreuther winch mounting kit but for 832,96 € they can forget it.
The other option is to get a low spoiler bar from steeler but I guess then I could as well go for a nudge bar which would be halve as much.

Anyone know of something like that from Taubenreuther that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I think the Lazer Linear-6 would fit perfectly in there if I can just figure out how to secure the lights.
I'm looking for anything that can fit either side of the Toyota badge or the gap by the number plate and no a number plat holder wont be good enough, the bumper is to flexible.

lc-bumper.jpg

There must be something that can be done.

Cheers
Hamba

Have you considered fitting lights behind the grille? I have seen Light bars fitted behind them on other cars without losing much light intensity, could be an option. You may be able to make a cutom bracket up.

I have seen some cars where they have it behind the grill but most of those have a mess grill and not massive slats. :lol:
There is a new user @AllSweden who made some brackets which looks good and I'm leaning towards that at the minute. He has a post with some photos in the introduction tread.

Nothing on Ali-Express? They have loads of options for stuff like that.

The 150 has the LEDs though - why you want more?

:lol: that is true but I can do with more. I just want something with a bit more punch then the what the high beams give me currently.
The high beams are good on the motorway but I find them poor around country lanes.

I really like these Stedi C-4 BLACK EDITION LED LIGHT CUBE spots, 2 of them should do nicely, 4 even better. :icon-twisted:
They also have a plug and play harness and some Prado 150 switches that makes everything just so much more appealing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The high beams are good on the motorway but I find them poor around country lanes.
Really? I find the beams amazing. Like daylight in front of me. The normal lights are far whiter and much nicer but the high beams go on forever.

I would like to get some LED high beams. Might try find that again which does not require removing the bumper to change the bulb....

Stedi C-4 BLACK EDITION LED LIGHT CUBE
Those need to be mounted on something beefier than the bumper or it will look a bit Essexy-on-a-low-budget

I did a bit of impulsive buying and ordered the high beam and reverse light upgrade kits.

I received the conversion kit earlier this week and finally got a few minutes to fit them. It was pretty straight forward which was nice, unplug the OEM bulbs, pushed in the LEDs in, connect the a little box that came with them and tighten the cables up with a few cable ties. It was a little tight on the passenger side because the battery is in the way but both went in and they are working. :dance:
Now I'm waiting for the darkness to arrive so I can go for a test drive and see if they are going to make a difference.

A quick update on the high beam led replacements.
They are brilliant, they light up very nicely and road signs are shiny from quite a distance. I kinda feel sorry for the poor people who comes around a corner while they are on before I get to turn them off.
Definitely worth getting some.

Back