Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front clip upgrade on a RJ 70 Bundera

cienzo200

Hi, I'm trying to do some research to find out if I can put the front clip of the new SWB LC70 eg: 2010 etc. onto my old 85 Bundera RJ70? I understand I will probably need to modify the front body mounts but mainly concerned about the width and lenght. as far as I am aware the bodys of the SWB cruisers are all the same dimensions. also if this is possible, are the lwb and swb front clips the same dimensions?

The reason I want to do this is because in Australia the SWB Cruisers aren't being released and this would therefor make it unique here in Australia :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

what I'm asking is will the new shape cruiser front end (fenders, bonnet, lights and grill etc.) fit on an old RJ 70 Landcruiser, as I want to update the look a bit, and the new swb cruisers are not being release in australia.

Welcome to the club. I hate to disappoint, but I rather have a feeling that you know more about this than we do. Problem is that when you say things like 'new shape cruiser', we don't know what that is necessarily. With the way that World releases go, new to you might be 2 years old to us or vice versa. We also don't always get the same trim options.

What model are we talking about? 150, 200?

Chris

i know exactly what you mean, it's this type isn't it?

Toyota-LandCruiser-70-Series.jpg

i wouldn't have a clue though wether it would fit, im considering putting the round headight front end on my kzj70, best way is to buy the bits and go from there, anythings possible with a grinder and welder

if it's like my LC the wings and front panel all bolt to the inner wings/ inner front panel I it might fit a KZJ but i wonder if earlier stuff is different and manufactures have a nasty habbit of making stuff look identical when it's at different angles etc etc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You have it exactly hairyguy4, thanks for that, I'm not the best at explaining things.

I know that they have released a swb in the UAE but i dont think they are releasing it in many other countries.

and thats exactly what I am trying to find out jeepmadmike, if they did change angles and dimmensions ect. I just think it would be unique as I'm down in Tasmania Australia and I don't think anyone else has done this :p

I dont think you will get the exact infotmation you want on the 70 as the latest version is very rare.

I have read somewhere of a person wanting to do facelift to his 1995 77 to the latest (76) but the chassis rails changed so he didnt go ahead.

IMO the panels will be a close fit but will not just bolt on, as almost everything has changed over the years and after all that you would still have a 1985 70. If the budget is unlimited anything can be done and i would expect such a convertion to cost about 3 time the value of your truck

Here is one such post http://forum.ih8mud.com/70-series-tech/ ... -76-a.html

Yeah, just a facelift :), I just like trying something different and with mates like mine and their skills I suppose anything is possible, Thanks for everyones help too :)
:thumbup:

The body is $7000 and they are using a streached 80 frame. Interesting what they will do to get a 70 series in the USA

We upgraded the front clip on a 1988 bj70 and installed 2008 front clip. what made it easy is that we had all the front clip off of 2008 including inside stuff like aprons .It was almost bolt on except for the far front body mounts we moved them 1" outward to match the new aprons. Its also possible For the bundera but will require more work in-front since its longer.

Any chance you guys have a thread on the conversion, or photos you would be able to upload???? :thumbup:

Back