Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front diff

Well I certainly don't misrepresent the goods that I sell Billy, that's for sure.
Garry most certainly does and I have the evidence here in my workshop if you'd like to come and see it. Not exactly as advertised and strangely the pictures supplied somehow managed to miss off the obvious damage that was clear once unpacked. Some have had excellent service, I am sure. But you cannot excuse the piece of crap that I was sold.

By the way, I'm sure it's perfectly possible to be a penny pinching cheapskate but still be completely honest. Andy has helped a great many people out with spares; why should he give his business away for nothing? No one is asking Garry to give things away, but they would perhaps appreciate honesty over what he's selling and some after sales consideration when he gets it wrong.[/QU

Sorry 'Billy' just what has this to do with you? Are you running Garry's customer complaints division then? Why would you want a picture?

How do you know that Garry and I haven't already had words over this? You seem very well informed when it comes to his operations.

Sorry 'Billy' just what has this to do with you? Are you running Garry's customer complaints division then? Why would you want a picture?

How do you know that Garry and I haven't already had words over this? You seem very well informed when it comes to his operations.
you just seem to bitch easy and run a man down man up sort it out and stop been apart of a pack, if you have sorted it out why are you bitching.

I didn't say I had sorted it out Billy, which is perhaps why I am not pleased. You seem very quick to support Garry not knowing all of the story. But oddly I wasn't bitching about it. I just won't ever be dealing with him again nor will I recommend him to any member on here. I don't see that as bitching. I'm simply protecting people from suffering the same appalling service that I and other other members have had.

You still haven't explained just what this has to do with you. I'll man up if you'll wind your neck in and mind your own business.

I didn't say I had sorted it out Billy, which is perhaps why I am not pleased. You seem very quick to support Garry not knowing all of the story. But oddly I wasn't bitching about it. I just won't ever be dealing with him again nor will I recommend him to any member on here. I don't see that as bitching. I'm simply protecting people from suffering the same appalling service that I and other other members have had.

You still haven't explained just what this has to do with you. I'll man up if you'll wind your neck in and mind your own business.
so I see it easy to run a man down when he's not allowed a voice to defend himself, how can anybody sort out a problem if there not told about it????? my neck is in. been to his place and seen the amount of stock and choice got his number for you 07973109420 phone and have a bitch to him chances are you might sort it out.

Well Billy, I already have his number and again, I'd ask how do you know that I have not already tried to sort this with him? I haven't even said what the part is. But this thread isn't about me. Or you. It was posted by a new member looking for help. So far I have offered some advice. What have you done? Oh that's right; you've just ranted on about how unfair this is to Garry when he's not here to defend himself. He was here of course but was too stupid to realise when and how to behave himself. So like a child he was sent to the naughty step.

This is boring me now and I've better things to do than discuss someone I'd never trade again with. Let's return this thread to the OP who is looking for some actual help. You can even have the last word if you like.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Garry phoned and after checking out the claim that Kullok bought a diff.. LYING bastard. also sent a message in ebay giving a phone number 01962782866 under the name Jonathan Loxley. ebay name industrialarchaeology . you may want to put him on your naughty step.

Can't say I'm surprised. Not the first time he's sold someone substandard parts and then gone into hiding. What's wrong with the diff? Do you still have the old diff? If it's just bearing, it's a relatively easy and cheap fix.
Hi Chris, I called you once re centre diff viscous problem Directed to you by Andy. Do you know where I can get a fix kit for the diff. All the gears etc on my original front diff look excellent. Thank you.

Garry phoned and after checking out the claim that Kullok bought a diff.. LYING bastard. also sent a message in ebay giving a phone number 01962782866 under the name Jonathan Loxley. ebay name industrialarchaeology . you may want to put him on your naughty step.
header_ebay_logo_132x46.gif
7?euid=c432490ab7ff447d874faf5455e3e44b&bu=43170669289&sojTags=bu=bu.gif

New message from: 80breaker (1,088
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)

Hi. Need details of when and an address why has it taken so long. Cheers Garry

Sent from my iPhone

Well it seems Gary has found my message. I guess that makes me a real person then and not a shit stirrer and a lying bastard. Phew! No naughty step for me.

I think CG posted link to roughtrax kit didn't he? But that doesn't include shims
No kit does because you don't know what you need until you pull it apart
Are you going to rebuild it yourself? If you aren't far away I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. I'm near Milner's and their bearings are fine so if it was here on the bench and we needed something we could be there and back in 40 mins
Ok you could order a whole kit up front to be ready
It all depends what's wrong with it
I have just tuned diffs before where really all that was wrong was the set up and not bearings at all. I can't advise you better unless I had the thing on the bench
It might be pinion preload or carrier preload perhaps tooth engagement or of course bearing wear
What are the symptoms that lead you to believe some sold you a dud diff? I presume you've had it in the vehicle and driven it?

View attachment 127340
New message from: 80breaker (1,088View attachment 127341)

Sent from my iPhone

Well it seems Gary has found my message. I guess that makes me a real person then and not a shit stirrer and a lying bastard. Phew! No naughty step for me.
Well
View attachment 127340
New message from: 80breaker (1,088View attachment 127341)

Sent from my iPhone

Well it seems Billy Williams is actually Gary the breaker who has told me categorically that he does not intend to reimburse me for the faulty front diff he sold me for £340. Cant say I am surprised. Silly me for dealing with him in the first place. Why on earth is he on the forum? I''m here because my 80 series landcruiser is a work of art and expect to be in the same company.

What exactly is wrong with the diff you bought?

Probably bearings. It whines...what can I say. Planetary gears looked okay

Why did you leave it over a year though Jonathan? Surely after spending two days fitting it and the cost to buy it ,you would have been better getting it sorted before now?

As others have said. You could sort it out fairly cheaply but, it could cost a fair bit.
May be worth a drive over to Chris so he can see what's what.

whine could be bearings or wear on the crown/pinion, ones a cheap fix, one isn't unfortunately

Dervis, was that driveshafts? Diffs are not going to be that sort of money I wouldn't have thought.
Whine can be bearings, or engagement or porosity in the faces of the teeth. Very hard to see, but noisy as hell

Had both mine refurbished Chris after whining when driving couldn't repair here in Cyprus so this company repaired them to the core ....pictures for reference.

2D436E79-939D-4B99-9F75-FE7B5CCA13B8-854-0000012A07E5E939.jpeg

Last edited:
Back