Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front discs and callipers early 1992 80 series

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
I need to replace the callipers, discs and pads on my 1992 80 and I'm struggling to find anyone with the right callipers

Brake Parts International list this one which clearly states disc thickness 20mm, obviously the early 80's were fitted with discs 286mm in diameter and 25mm thick.

Euro Car Parts list these which again states it is for a disc 20mm thick. I'm pretty sure no 80's were fitted with 20mm thick discs so I thought I would get them to get a calliper in so I could visually check it. Sure enough it will not fit a 25mm disc so what are these callipers for?

Anyone know where I can get the correct calliper for my pre Aug 1992 80?

On another note, does anyone know for sure if the 15" front wheels WILL fit if the later/larger disc conversion is done?

MuckPup do you fancy a 10 mile trip so I can try my wheel on yours? I would drive down to yours but my brakes are sticking on :icon-cry: hence the replacement.

I got a set of disks and pads of milneroffroad last week for my 1992 81 series.. Very quick delivery and no issues installing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I'm pretty sure the 15inch wheels won't fit with the bigger brakes installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it means the minimum thickness of disc taking wear into account.

have you looked at Roughtrax's website
Thanks David, the Mrs tapped me on the shoulder just after I posted and said "I've found these", again RoughTrax, but £156 each there :wtf:

Also I'm pretty sure the 15inch wheels won't fit with the bigger brakes installed
Someone said the rears won't, but the fronts might?

I would think it means the minimum thickness of disc taking wear into account.
Went into Euro Car Parts and and their discs and callipers would not fit together, so that's not the case :icon-cry:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I run 15's on my 97, -44 mm offset and a 6mm spacer to clear the brakes. Close to the rear calipers with new discs and pads but no catching and no grinding calipers

Decided to stick with the standard 286mm discs this time round, got all the parts from Roughtrax's who were a pleasure to deal with. £416 for the callipers, discs and pads.

While weighing up the pros and cons of the conversion, I discovered my 15" Dune Max Proline wheels have a -70mm offset :icon-surprised: but the callipers are already close to the rear of the rim so the 311mm discs with bigger callipers would not have fitted.

Pricing up the parts to do the bigger brake conversion would have been £1,500+ by the time I had bought 6 new wheels and tyres etc.

Back