Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front drive shaft length

hairyguy4

Possibly thinking of stretching the wheelbase of my 70 and want to keep with standard parts rather than get a shaft custom made, could someone measure their front drive shaft for me? Hoping that it's a few inches longer than the standard 70 one
Cheers jack:thumbup:

Possibly thinking of stretching the wheelbase of my 70 and want to keep with standard parts rather than get a shaft custom made, could someone measure their front drive shaft for me? Hoping that it's a few inches longer than the standard 70 one
Cheers jack:thumbup:

Are you after the axle length Jack or the shaft lengths? (inside the casing)

I guess you want the casing length to do a complete swap, yes?

If the front prop was the correct new length.. it still wouldn't fit as the 80 series drive flanges are much bigger diameter to the lighter weight 70 series.

When I was doing the props on my junk truck.. i was thinking of using hilux/surf/4 runner prop components. As they are similar build duty and share the similar type of gearbox/drive train. .

If you have custom length props made up. Its the same rebuild kit to restore them. Hope the info helps! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If the front prop was the correct new length, it still wouldn't fit as the 80 series drive flanges are much bigger diameter to the lighter weight 70 series. Hope the info helps! :thumbup:

It helps me Iwan, I don't need to crawl under the truck in the snow now :lol:

Back