Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front prop needed

Barry O'Connor

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Guys,
Hopefully this is the correct forum to post this... If not please let me know.
Thought I'd make a start on checking over the truck for general issues and discovered the clunking noise when changing from D to R (whilst stationary) and back to D again, it would seem my front prop is knackered, I'm also missing one side of the front anti roll bar bushes :nomouth:

So the question is basically, does anyone have one for sale ? Its a 1990 80 series VX
I presume I can get the bush kit from rough trax or Milners ?

Cheers
Barry

What sort of money dervis?
do they, erm, re spline the splines?

A link would be handy. Or a name? There is a place in Nottingham that will build from scratch or refurbish including new splined section. A double cardan prop was going to cost me near £600 IIRC

What sort of money dervis?
do they, erm, re spline the splines?

Wasn't too bad Mike I think I paid around £165 plus post to get them there. That being front and back. They took almost two weeks as the inner part had to be ordered from Japan as they were out of stock. This was in 2015.

P.s my 4 corner splines were not included as I'd changed them prior.

Wasn't too bad Mike I think I paid around £165 plus post to get them there. That being front and back. They took almost two weeks as the inner part had to be ordered from Japan as they were out of stock. This was in 2015.

P.s my 4 corner splines were not included as I'd changed them prior.

I think @chapel gate was referring to the greasable sliding splines (one on each prop) that take up / allow for the shortening of each prop on suspension compression, Dervis.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think @chapel gate was referring to the greasable sliding splines (one on each prop) that take up / allow for the shortening of each prop on suspension compression, Dervis.

Oh ok well they checked or replaced those repairing the internals Clive, that much I remember. I guess I got confused with the U joints!!

They don’t have the expertise and machinery here in Cyprus so hence had to send abroad adding to to the delay and cost unfortunately.

A link would be handy. Or a name? There is a place in Nottingham that will build from scratch or refurbish including new splined section. A double cardan prop was going to cost me near £600 IIRC
Hmm, a complete genuine front prop for a manual can be had for less than £400..

Hmm, a complete genuine front prop for a manual can be had for less than £400..

Indeed but a complete genuine font prop hasn'y got a double cardan joint on the end of it.. which will help out with the front prop problem that you get when you raise the height on an 80. I've found that a 4 speed h55f DC from a 60 series fits the front of the 80 and and the rear DC off a 2004 hilux.... hence the custom nature of the beast.... custom means money!:thumbup:

Indeed but a complete genuine font prop hasn'y got a double cardan joint on the end of it.. which will help out with the front prop problem that you get when you raise the height on an 80. I've found that a 4 speed h55f DC from a 60 series fits the front of the 80 and and the rear DC off a 2004 hilux.... hence the custom nature of the beast.... custom means money!:thumbup:
Ahh! Im with you now.

Back