Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front sidelights and fuses

AndyMC

Country Flag
uk
Just been checking the lights on my '05 LC4 120 and find that both front sidelights are not working.

I've had a look at the descriptions on the lids of both the engine bay and internal fuse box covers and I'm unable to identify which are the relevant fuses.

Can anyone help, please?

Just been checking the lights on my '05 LC4 120 and find that both front sidelights are not working.

I've had a look at the descriptions on the lids of both the engine bay and internal fuse box covers and I'm unable to identify which are the relevant fuses.

Can anyone help, please?
In the owners hand book on 09 model its listed number 53 in fuse box under steering wheel side on dash board, side lights are listed as parking lights 10A they are with number plate and tail lights. Good luck .

They are awkward gits to get to, it was quicker to remove the batteries to access them should it be failed bulbs.

Yep, fuses are OK. Really looking forward to changing the bulbs .... NOT!
Its not a difficult job I didn't remove the batteries on the drivers side you can just fit it without moving the battery just turn the plastic tab holder and pull it out put new bulb in and turn side lights on to make sure it lights up, if not turn the bulb round and fit again , passenger side I undid the hold down bracket and moved the battery away as much as possible with out having to disconnect the battery its a bit fiddly putting the bulb holder back in tight as you have to twist it one way or the other so it locks in to place . On ebay they sell high power low watt samsung bulbs quite cheap about £5 for 4 so you have 2 spare, which give a bright white light like those on new cars rather than the weak yellowy light the originals give out . And with LED high power low watt headlight bulbs it brings the car bang up to date as well as a lot more visibility at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its not a difficult job I didn't remove the batteries on the drivers side you can just fit it without moving the battery just turn the plastic tab holder and pull it out put new bulb in and turn side lights on to make sure it lights up, if not turn the bulb round and fit again , passenger side I undid the hold down bracket and moved the battery away as much as possible with out having to disconnect the battery its a bit fiddly putting the bulb holder back in tight as you have to twist it one way or the other so it locks in to place . On ebay they sell high power low watt samsung bulbs quite cheap about £5 for 4 so you have 2 spare, which give a bright white light like those on new cars rather than the weak yellowy light the originals give out . And with LED high power low watt headlight bulbs it brings the car bang up to date as well as a lot more visibility at night.
Thanks for that. Yes, had a look at the modern LEDs. There seems to be a question re their legality / possible insurance implications.

Well, that wasn't too bad! Loosened the battery straps; had a good look with my mirror/light on a telescopic stick and job was done really quickly. Thanks for the advice about just loosening and not removing the batteries; that saved quite a bit of time.

Well, that wasn't too bad! Loosened the battery straps; had a good look with my mirror/light on a telescopic stick and job was done really quickly. Thanks for the advice about just loosening and not removing the batteries; that saved quite a bit of time.
No problem glad to be of help .

Back