Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front t-case output bearing kdj95 manual

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Afternoon all, my brother and his father in law both drive these wonderful machines. Unfortunately said bearing has gone on his father in law's. He's stripped it down and has all the parts he needs for repairs, however it's a little confusing as to how it all goes back together... the exploded diagrams from Toyota are no help. Does anyone have a manual that might help or has anyone done this before and might be able to talk him through the job?

You mean the outer bearing on the front propshaft sprocket ??

Like this?

DSCN0724.jpg

I used a double-sealed bearing - then removed the inner seal, which is next to the bearing in the picture. It turns out (of course) that there is an oil gallery leading to the outer face of the bearing, so I needn't have bothered to try to keep the oil in. The outer oil seal does that (for a while).

There are oil seals in the centre of the Companion Flanges as well - to stop oil leaking past the splines :icon-wink:.

Its all quite straightforward (I have re-built six now), I can PM pictures if your brother's F.I.L is stuck. Failing that, I'll give you my phone number via a PM.

DSCN0735.jpg

Bob.

Back