Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Windscreen Defroster

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Having a odd problem with my front windscreen defrosted on my 120, it's a LC4 so not the fancy touch screen jobbie.

If you press the front defrost button, the LED on the button comes on, and it switches to the defrost mode (out of auto), but the fan blower does not speed up as expected. If you manually press the up fan button, it does speed up.:think:

Climate control etc all work as expected.

Can someone else please test theirs and let me know how long it takes to start blowing at full speed?

I dread having to take this to Toyota to look at :scared-eek:

Oh yes - you didin't check this on Satirday, but Mike and I checked and mine was instant...

Sorry

Bugger... cheers Gary. Now to try and find the fault. Would be good to hear from anyone with a LC4

Maybe it's not supposed to on an LC4 and you are just telling it where to direct the air when you press the windscreen button.

You may be right Jon, but I do seem to recall that it used blast air in the screen on pressing the button. Of course it could be old age catching up and the grey matter is not as good as it used to be.

On the LC3 it is instant also.

Ony one got them sizes for the radio / cd holes etc ?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm sure we tested this on mine a while back and it was the same? Engine had to be warmish or something? Thought there was a point where it turned on.
Go and try it on mine?

I'm sure we tested this on mine a while back and it was the same? Engine had to be warmish or something? Thought there was a point where it turned on.
Go and try it on mine?

I seem to remember yours doing the same, but off course does not mean yours is not knackered too.... Yeah I may pop round later and check it out.

Just went out and tried mine,it dosent go really fast till you turn the tempreture up to maximum,but it does turn the fan on right away..

Hi Tony, I have exactly the same problem as you! Mine worked 100% but then while driving somewhere with the car full with wife & kids and on a busy road I was "testing" different settings.... And switching between warm setting and front defroster and warm setting...and front defroster and..... I somewhere pushed something I shouldn't.. Or maybe a wrong sequence ..?? So when I push the button now it works fine, apart from fan speed only 3 notches and NOT full speed. I'm sure there must be a way of resetting... hopefully? Also on a 120 LC4

Hmm interesting Riaan. I will have to play some more with it. I checked with Crispin 120 and his does the same. :think:

Back