Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel gauge stuck on full.

Styler

Country Flag
australia
Hi all,

Can anyone help me out. Just wanted to ask around before i started pulling things apart.

My fuel gauge is stuck on full (main tank), it would be great if that meant my fuel tank magically filled itself with diesel but not the case.

I have found the fuel sender and when i unplug it (with ignition on) the fuel gauge drops to empty.

I have attached some photos with voltage results on them.

Any knowledge would be much appreciated.

IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

Hi Styler,

I cant help you on the electrical readings but I will say that as you have gotten that far you may as well remove the tank sender unit to check that it is not actually physically stuck.

It will also give you opportunity to clean out the tank pick up gauze if its dirty - 30 min job max now you are at this stage.

Anyway all sorted now, found problem.

Found this hose in diesel tank propping up float. anyone know what it is for?

Hose From Tank.jpg Inside Tank.jpg

Hey mate,

Thanks for reply, must have hit that send button around the same time.

But yes it was stuck by a bit of hose. Don't know what it was for or how it got there but once removed everything worked fine.

How the hell did it get into the pick up tray? I don't recognise it at all.

Someone try to syphon fuel out and break off the pipe in the filler neck which worked its way under the float and jammed???

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Someone try to syphon fuel out and break off the pipe in the filler neck which worked its way under the float and jammed???

I suppose it could be, but it's a long and twisty way from the filler cap to the pick-up tray for a piece of hose like that to travel!

Otherwise, it remains a mystery:think:

Back