Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel primer?

Dave S

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys

Another issue with my land cruiser..

So it broke down, turned out engine wasn't getting any fuel.. when I hand prime it, it gets nice and hard and runs for a few minutes until l the filter empties and stalls..

Taking the pipes off the filters, there is no pressure coming from the pick up pipe or no suction coming from the filter outlet?

It's a 2007 lc 105 4.2 diesel with the duel fuel tanks

Thanks

Dave

Had this on a 4Runner, the sock filter in the tank was blocked from the diesel bug algae and caused the primer to move down on its own and stall the engine.

Had this on a 4Runner, the sock filter in the tank was blocked from the diesel bug algae and caused the primer to move down on its own and stall the engine.

So I've had the sender out of the tank and the sock is fine

Are these the lift pumps?.. there are two of them between the 2 tanks or is the FIP responsible for dragging the fuel all the way up from the tanks?

20170723_135924.jpg

pull pipes off the filter fill them with diesel and give each a blast of air to see if it reveals a leak when fuel is being forced back to the tank ?

Ah a lift pump failed on my boat recently and starvation was the result .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back