Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel ?

Steve go to a place that does Hydraulic stuff they will have what you need

I will try and find something near us......there's not much tbh. I'll hit google and see what there is, good tip thanks

Just use silicone sealant?

Do you think that will work?
I'd have to make sure everything was oil free and let it dry out I guess.
It's worth a go. It's only temp until new pump arrives mid August.......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had a leak on my motorbike fuel tank where the sender was placed. Garage used a fuel resistant sealer, never had issues again. Just get the correct sealant and it should be fine,l.

Last edited:
Ordinary silicone sealant and diesel don't get on very well together, best if you can find a fuel resistant type.

I had a leak on my motorbike fuel tank where the sender was placed. Garage used a fuel resistant sealer, never had issues again. Just get the correct sealant and it should be fine,l.
Thanks. Popped into local John Deere dealer ge had one that's a tiny bit small. I reckon it would stretch over the upper part, and with the fuel resistant sealant / gasket stuff, it might work!

Ordinary silicone sealant and diesel don't get on very well together, best if you can find a fuel resistant type.
OK Thanks.Will pop into our local halfrauds place (think tiny) to see what they have.

Was the filter clogged then ? Good that the pump working now

Was the filter clogged then ? Good that the pump working now
The filter was a bit crappy, but not enough to block it. I think all the moving cursing and bashing kicked it back into life!

I've just been into another mower/tractor repair place and they had the exact 'o' ring for the job! I also bought some silicon for deisel fuel so might not need that now! Happy days! Just got to finish cleaning 11 pools and then can hopefully get it going again

I've just been into another mower/tractor repair place and they had the exact 'o' ring for the job! I also bought some silicon for deisel fuel so might not need that now! Happy days! Just got to finish cleaning 11 pools and then can hopefully get it going again
TBH don't put sealer on an o ring it may well end up in places you don't want it, nothing to gain and a lot to loose. The amount of crop sprayers I have fixed where the farmer thought it was a good idea, must have spent hours pulling little bits of silicon out of valve blocks

TBH don't put sealer on an o ring it may well end up in places you don't want it, nothing to gain and a lot to loose. The amount of crop sprayers I have fixed where the farmer thought it was a good idea, must have spent hours pulling little bits of silicon out of valve blocks
I didnt cos it went in all on it's own!

Update!....
She lives! Hurrah for local farm machinery fixing shops!
'O' ring went in (after 2nd attempt) primed the fuel system and she fired right up. Test drive went well, pulled cleanly through each gear to 4k (well not in top).
Must be in line for a chicken dinner and a bj now.......
Will settle for a nice IPA and a bag of crisps!
Thanks to everyone for their help and advise. Once again you saved the day!
Cheers

Just leading on from this thread, why do you need the additional Walbro pump? Is the lift pump in the engine bay actually failing and affecting performance?

Tbh, it was on there for a few years before I got it. My understanding is that they are fitted to aid fuel flow at crazy angles......or to 'disguise' an existing problem I know I tried to bypass the pump with some steel tube but that didnt work. It could be the tube was smaller diameter than the hose or the fact that the hoses were bent at 90 degrees restricting fuel flow.
It could be a broken spring in the pump, who knows?

All of the fuel that goes to the IP has to pass through the tank filter, the Walbro filter, the main factory filter and then the strainers in the injector line. It's quite a bit of resistence. If the Walbro is blocked then the IP is certainly going to grunt a bit. Cleaning it is necessary.

Now why fit one? I first fitted one when I built the off roader. When we used to park at craxy angles at Lincomb, most of the trucks struggled. THe IP was lifting fuel almost vertically over a distance of several meters. Keeping the engine running was tricky at times. So I fitted one and it cured it. Under normal circumstances, completely unnecessary.

But I have fitted one to the overlander. Huh? Well it gives me the practical function of being able to dispense fuel easily, say into cans or another vehicle. I can empty the tank to save fuel if I have a leak and of course in the event of a misfuelling. I can also use it to transfer fuel from one tank to the other if necessary. I have already used it in Russia. At one point we were not allowed to fill cans and as we needed to fill up for a long and remote trip, I filled the cans from the pump and then went to the garage and filled the vehicle. We never found out why, but some places got very cross indeed when we tried. Oddly the ones that sold Jerry cans....

Back