Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garmin mobile pc Discontinued!!!

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I tried to buy GMPC today and was told that Garmin have discontinued the product due to a number of sofyware issues...

Its now listed under their Discontinued line

HERE

Any one know any more?

Hi Olazz,

I installed GMPC on a PC running XP and have had it crash on me a few times while in operation - the programme just switches itself off. It then takes a number of attempts to get it started again with a few memory errors being displayed. The last time it did this GMPC would not restart so I was planning to reinstall - I think I might have already done this a few months ago. At best while in the 'civilised' world this is a nuisance but if you had to rely on it at the back of beyond you could have a problem.

Shame if they discontinue. If there are problems they should iron them out. Seems to indicate that the demand for it is not so high.

There is one available on Amazon but I am not sure if it is the EU or US version.

cheers

Funny you guys should mention this. I recently bough mobile PC from amazon, EU version, and installed it on my laptop. Tried it out the other day for the first time and after about and hour it just closed itself... :think:

Then i couldn't get it to start up again, ended up having the restart my PC. Bit confused now.

Hope not, i just bought it too :shock:

Yes, it has closed down a few times and I have had to restart the PC. That normally clears the problem. But not this time. I am going to have to reinstall.

I don't use it often and not for a while but there was an update on the Garmin web site that made it more unreliable? :roll: maybe you installed that?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Jon,

I just installed what came on the cd. I will re-install and give it another go.

cheers

Back