Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gasket or No gasket

mike123

Country Flag
wales
Hi haven't been around for a while :) been busy But back with a :confused: problem want to change Automatic trans fluid Can't find a sump pan gasket do they use a gasket or Sealant ? It's
1996 Toyota Prado Auto RHD KZJ950008802 (1996-2002) Eng diesel 2980cc 125 hp
1KZTE 3.0cc (2982cc) The workshop Manual doesn't help any help would be appreciated The more i look the less i am understanding :confused:

https://www.milneroffroad.com/toyot...smission-1/kzj95-gearbox-oil-filter-automatic This shows a gasket of some description...It doesnt say it comes with the Kit .... But it looks like a sump gasket to me... give them a call to verify...
Hi Higgy thanks for the help Rang Milner This morning they are looking into it there was a change over on that Year??? they said they would check it with Toyota & Aisin I tried and Failed But they know what they are doing My Manual is no clearer ? found Drain plug, But Filler??? seems made changes in this time period .Milner will ring back probably Monday, I will let you know Thanks again Jest remembered they are not sure about Gasket Could be Kit or My be Not they will look at that as well

Filler is the dipstick tube.
Usual process is to drain off what comes out which back flushes the strainer (there is no filter as such) and measure what came out which will be a portion of the total contents. Refill with the same quantity.
If you want to change the strainer as you have said then again, catch and measure the fluid that comes out which will be more.

Don’t be tempted to flush the rest of the system.

Filler is the dipstick tube.
Usual process is to drain off what comes out which back flushes the strainer (there is no filter as such) and measure what came out which will be a portion of the total contents. Refill with the same quantity.
If you want to change the strainer as you have said then again, catch and measure the fluid that comes out which will be more.

Don’t be tempted to flush the rest of the system.
I did a drop and swap on my old Collie... I would drop 5litres then top up with 5litres . wait a week then do the same... 4 times i did it.. Coz i had a 20 litre drum of ATF:thumbup:..... Filling through the tube can be a nightmare but with a funnel, bit of hose pipe, and gaffer tape, You can knock something up... Like starcruiser says its down the dipstick tube... The only way.

Yes, not easy but a slightly smaller funnel with a bit of wire bent into a U, upside down with one leg in the tube to keep the funnel from blocking off the air coming back out makes it a bit easier. If that makes sense.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, not easy but a slightly smaller funnel with a bit of wire bent into a U, upside down with one leg in the tube to keep the funnel from blocking off the air coming back out makes it a bit easier. If that makes sense.
Did you mean Stand on one Leg.... Is that while Pouring:lol: Or stand on your Head upside down..

Hi All i am reading and taking it all in i think i like the Funnel idea :D Its a Bugger when the Dealers can't agree which part Fit's or what its called:confused: and that's before i start If i fail to get gasket can i use Sealant if so what would you recommend Found drain plug:grin: But can't find Filler Plug I am thinking dipstick is looking better all the time

Hi All i am reading and taking it all in i think i like the Funnel idea :D Its a Bugger when the Dealers can't agree which part Fit's or what its called:confused: and that's before i start If i fail to get gasket can i use Sealant if so what would you recommend Found drain plug:grin: But can't find Filler Plug I am thinking dipstick is looking better all the time
There is no filler plug.. Its down the dipstick im afraid... if you do as Rich and I explained you should be Right.. its like playing Twister... Ah! beat me to it Nick

:smile: thought you might say that Two Photo's But they can't tell me if Gasket comes with it they aren't sure which fits My 1996 Mod :confused:
Before 1999.jpg
After 1999.png

If all is well with the gear box, Id just do the fluid swap... Is there a reason you want to change the strainer...Most of the strainers are cleanable elements anyway..... My Collie had 285,000 miles on it and the box was fine .. i just changed ATF for peace of mind.. If the box is ok id just do a drop and swap... like in my earlier post i Dropped 5 litres /put 5 litres in... run it for a week then repeat.... as many times as you like... your call... if the sumps not leaking now it will after you remove and replace it:lol:

Its going to be a swap nobody can agree which is the Right one:confused: i have been thinking about ABS :fearscream: my light is staying on :fearful: But brakes work fine:) that's for another day Let you know about the swap:):)

Its going to be a swap nobody can agree which is the Right one:confused: i have been thinking about ABS :fearscream: my light is staying on :fearful: But brakes work fine:) that's for another day Let you know about the swap:):)
Have a search on here for ABS faults, there will be a diagnostic test. If no luck post a new thread.

Jest got in :confused: Kids:confused: Dad my Engine light is on ( Me:worried:) what do you mean (kids) light on the Dash is on :confused: got there No oil:screamcat: Empty:openmouth: got um home:) Car is in garage in the morning keeping fingers crossed won't mean new Engine
One Can But Hope:rolleyes: ABS Will have a look tomorrow Looks a bit Complicated, its like spiders web connected every where:)

Is this your cruiser?

No oil? :scared-eek:

Unless something has been damaged to let the oil out while stationary and the engine has not been run, there will without doubt have been damage done to the engine. The amount will depend on how long it was run in that condition and how hard. At the very least it will need internal inspection particularly to the big end bearings and bores. If damage is found then Main bearings should be inspected too. Anything damaged should be replaced or repaired as appropriate.

Whoever was responsible for checking the oil will have learned an expensive lesson by the end of that lot.

No need to Panic :fearscream: cruiser is safe don't let um near it i have had to rescue all the others they have had Funny old car no oil warning of low oil on the Dash :confused: i keep telling um Use The Bloody Dipstick :weary:Its a Peugeot 207 Not my cup of Tea A friend told me long time go a Gallon of oil is cheaper than a new Engine Words to live by Tried to pass it on to no avail :disappointed:

Hi I have a new Idea:rolleyes: on filling auto Put Small clear Tube Down filler first hope it will let the air out then fill with a 5Ltr garden spray The sprayer has a Small outlet pipe hope there is enough Room for Both Let you know whether it works OR not

Back