Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gear stick gator

Shayne

Guru
What (if anything) is supposed to attach the gearstick gator to the centre console ? Mine just sits loose with only a tight fit to the sticks themselves to hold it down meaning my spare rolled fags often vanish down on top of the gearbox . I would be grateful if anyone could either post a pic of what i'm looking for or better still a link showing where to get them .

Last edited:
There's meant to be a metal hoop on the bottom of the gaitor that sits in compression between lugs on the underside of the opening. It's a bit of a faff to get it back on, mind.

I may have a gaitor I think I had the same prob so I seem to remember sticking it in place with sicoflex I will have a look tomoz :icon-biggrin:

Must be a common problem Shayne, mine needs refitting too mate.

The gator itself is in good nick i was just baffled by the fact there is nothing on the underside of it that might have once fastened it down . I can see two plastic sort of mounts with holes in either side about 6 inches inside the the console but decided they can't be involved as it would be ott to use anything so big just to hold a gator . Thanks for the offer of a spare Pete but i tried once to change the gear knob but could not budge the old one for love nor money so if i can't get that off i can't get a new gator on .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now i know there is not ready fix i will work out tomorrow how to fix it tidily so it can be removed if need be . I'm thinking already drill a hole each corner under the gator , glue a shoelace each corner inside the gator , tie the laces altogether and stuff the loose ends back under . Fixed and invisible i reckon but can't be sure until i go out and look to see if it would work .

It's not rocket science but it works and as i sincerely hope i never have reason to go under the gator it will do me .

gator001_zps76345fb3.jpg
gator002_zpsa661018b.jpg

Back