Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

genuine driver side window regulator and motor

All new genuine parts available at discount prices.

please pm me with your part number/part request. For a price.

Especially hard to find parts.

paypal accepted.

If you don't want to spend this much, the passenger side motor off a 70 series will bolt straight on to the 80 series drivers side and work a treat! Just solder on the 80 series plug connector! Job done!:thumbup:

Also the gearbox casing is metal!

If you don't want to spend this much, the passenger side motor off a 70 series will bolt straight on to the 80 series drivers side and work a treat! Just solder on the 80 series plug connector! Job done!:thumbup:

Also the gearbox casing is metal!
So when i eventually change my passenger side do i use the motor off the drivers side of the 70 series i have in the back garden?

Aye straight fit lad! Bung it in and back in action! Solder the the right connector in and once again jobs a goodun!.... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers mate. I just need a 70s series now..

Cheers mate. I just need a 70s series now..

You would never look back!!

Come to think of the plastic gearbox on the 80 window motor, I found that there was more resistance in the gearing.... which led me to think that the plastic had deformed slightly and was causing more drag as such on the motor and hence a possible added strain. The alloy gearbox on the 70 version felt quite a bit freer.

So with the sticking window rubbers and the possible deformation of the plastic gear housing. Of course the auto up/down is also the culprit that would finish off the motor!

An observation :thumbup:

You would never look back!!

Come to think of the plastic gearbox on the 80 window motor, I found that there was more resistance in the gearing.... which led me to think that the plastic had deformed slightly and was causing more drag as such on the motor and hence a possible added strain. The alloy gearbox on the 70 version felt quite a bit freer.

So with the sticking window rubbers and the possible deformation of the plastic gear housing. Of course the auto up/down is also the culprit that would finish off the motor!

An observation :thumbup:
Lol!

Good night last night fella?:icon-biggrin:

the regulator on mine was shot too. Lots of play on all of the pivots. I noticed the new one had sliding blocks rather than the wheels on the old one.

Back