Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Germany

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Who's asking? Where do you live? Lol

I'm in the uk and buying a car just outside Hamburg, I was trying to find someone that would check out it for mr

If it was me Would just go and have a look myself

I would but trying to get information out of the seller if a night mare .

20190725_164203[4287].jpg
20190725_164248[4290].jpg 20190725_164147[4285].jpg 20190725_164259[4284].jpg

what any ones thoughts on these photos , just got them off the seller

I'll just comment on the rear end photos.
When the rust is showing on the outer panel under the tailgate then the rear body (not chassis) cross member has gone. This member supports the back body and the curved section of the rear wings. They can be purchased at around $800 (+shipping, duty and vat) and they are welded in. I made mine (see evolution of my 40 in the archive).
The rear lights should be recessed into the rear chassis cross member and it looks to me like the has been skinned thus telling me that the outer rear chassis legs have rotted. The lights fitted are not 40 series.
All these problems are caused by mud being left at the back inside the rear arch and under neath.
It can be done (mine was worse as the wings had started to go too) but it depends on your skills - metal shaping, welding, etc.
IMO this one has not been looked after that well but it is probably around 40 years old and it is recoverable with work although expensive if you have a professional do it.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Rodger

Rodger many thanks my first thoughts where the rear did not look right ,but could not put my finger on what .
I have some more today I will add them now ,give your thoughts please .

Back