Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Go the Mighty 80!

Tom Burnet

Country Flag
great_britain
Thanks for having me folks, just picked up a 80 Series VX recently, I'm the 2nd owner from new.

Already loving it, I've come from Land Rovers so I'm excited to get the 80 out to some remote places. I'll upload images as I go!

All the best for 2020 legends!

Tom

Congrats.

Now all we need are some photos and some more information

And that looks like a Disco in the Profile image - so will need to change that.

welcome
I'm sure you wont look back.we see many come from LR and dont regret the move.

Cheers guys!

The 80 is a 1HD-T '94 VX model. 114k and a few little niggles that I want to sort, mainly the drivers window sticking and the oem radio isn't great. It came with all sorts of cool history including the orignal booklets, and even some vouchers to spend with Toyota way back in the 90's, really cool to see the old girl with so much paperwork.

The disco is my old trusty that's not longer with us, but once I have some images of my 80 I'll have it updated :)

Welcome Tom!
Looking forward to the pics.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome aboard Tom and the ‘new’ VX :thumbup:

The first family outing.. a full blown tour of North Wales led by myself. Had a great day but changed my tyres instantly to BFG KM2 after the event. More events to follow, next one in the Lakes, then Mid Wales.
I'm uploading videos here -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNQu2HXBerKZvyqlYS-lBA?
82286129_10157927836735365_7511412658378113024_o.jpg

Currently trying to work out the best idea for a swing away. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Looks great, that was the colour combo of my first Cruiser all those years ago.

On the subject of a rear mounted spare, there is an factory one which mounts on the body or you could have it as part of a winch/ steel rear bumper mounted on that.

Looks great, that was the colour combo of my first Cruiser all those years ago.

On the subject of a rear mounted spare, there is an factory one which mounts on the body or you could have it as part of a winch/ steel rear bumper mounted on that.

I have seen the OEM one but from looking online I can't find one anywhere? And apparently it's very hard, near impossible, to retrofit a support panel on the inside?
The bumpers with swing aways are so bloomin expensive, but it may be my only option.

just sat and watched your video from Barmouth where we just went, an absolute pleasure and good to see mr simms just plodding over everything :)

just sat and watched your video from Barmouth where we just went, an absolute pleasure and good to see mr simms just plodding over everything :)

I hope you have subscribed :kissingheart:
Roy did invite me to come along, I had to work but I was gutted! Roy's 76 is something else. I've set a goal to get me one.

Done! That last bit "full send" is where Shayne mushed his tyre valve :)

Top man!
Haha yeh, even Rich had to winch himself up that part!
Thats embarrasing then, Roy made it up in his Landrover, i never attempted it after Shaynes flat

I think all the posh lightbulbs on the front gave him added traction

Done! That last bit "full send" is where Shayne mushed his tyre valve :)

I was going up no bother and watching that vid reminded that my truck is at least 4 inches wider than a standard 80 i'm wondering if that tree stump at 23.45 just as the camera cuts to change angle is what caught the valve . I'm thinking i had a keen eye on it while reversing back down for flat ground to work on .

I was going up no bother and watching that vid reminded that my truck is at least 4 inches wider than a standard 80 i'm wondering if that tree stump at 23.45 just as the camera cuts to change angle is what caught the valve . I'm thinking i had a keen eye on it while reversing back down for flat ground to work on .

We'll have to head back for a round 2 haha

I have seen the OEM one but from looking online I can't find one anywhere? And apparently it's very hard, near impossible, to retrofit a support panel on the inside?
The bumpers with swing aways are so bloomin expensive, but it may be my only option.

I had a oem one and did fabricate some spreader plates to fit in the inside it can be done and alot easier if you dont have acces to a lathe. To be honest id save up and get one from poland off ebay seem a good price when you add up labour unless you have a mate

Back