Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Golden old un!!!!

Gav missin

Well!!! I just cant help myself. Always wanted one and a few weeks back I got one. Bizzare circumstances but that's a story for another day or round the camp fire. She's a 1990 manual diesel. Scabby on the wings and doors as always but solid everywhere it matters. She runs and drives but is missing a few bits namely battery trays radiator master cylinder and keys oh and a broken drivers window. Plans are repair all bodywork lift the body off and go to town on her. Want to make her like new underneath and off I can get away with it just a bottom half respray to preserve the original stripes. Really looking forward to doing this one. Naturally Andy lomas has been ever helpfull over last couple of weeks but I'm sure I may end up calling on a few other members during the build.

Attachments

• 20200519_151215.jpg
    20200519_151215.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200519_151317.jpg
    20200519_151317.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200519_151515.jpg
    20200519_151515.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200519_151335.jpg
    20200519_151335.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200519_151406.jpg
    20200519_151406.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200519_151426.jpg
    20200519_151426.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 91
I'm not sure.. Not clued up on models yet. It's 1990 5 speed diesel non turbo gx. Any info gratefully recieved.

If I can get the pic off my old phone, this is the one that the fella had who I bought my 60 off back in 2010. I have a pic of this towing a trailer with my 60 on. The guy bought mine as a parts truck off a guy in Stockport where I originally saw my 60 in a container! The front bull bar gave it away and it was based in Norfolk back then.

A good buy which you'll never regret Gav!! Well done mate!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If I can get the pic off my old phone, this is the one that the fella had who I bought my 60 off back in 2010. I have a pic of this towing a trailer with my 60 on. The guy bought mine as a parts truck off a guy in Stockport where I originally saw my 60 in a container! The front bull bar gave it away and it was based in Norfolk back then.

A good buy which you'll never regret Gav!! Well done mate!
Thanks iwan. It came from Grantham on the yard of a travelling circus. Been stood 5 years. Would be nice to learn a little history.

Not too sure, here we had the non lsd, semi floating lower grade rear axle and the 2h... just how it was back then I guess... base model.. @Snowbound

Thanks iwan. It came from Grantham on the yard of a travelling circus. Been stood 5 years. Would be nice to learn a little history.

I got in contact with the owner from then and kept in contact for a while. He was from abroad and was keen on Range Rovers...

I'm guessing it's got the original starter motor that was missing off mine still on it lol!

Well done to get one they're a rare beast and I always think they look like something that came from the dark ages! :tearsofjoy::thumbup:

No 61's in the UK by toyota and originally 1000 hj61's for the whole of europe..
I got in contact with the owner from then and kept in contact for a while. He was from abroad and was keen on Range Rovers...

I'm guessing it's got the original starter motor that was missing off mine still on it lol!

Well done to get one they're a rare beast and I always think they look like something that came from the dark ages! :tearsofjoy::thumbup:
Yeah they are brutally basic but I think that's what attracts me to them so much. I've always wanted one since I was a kid. Love the retro look especially on a set of wide Wellas or wolfrace alloys and mud tyres.

Hi Gav, (will try to post on the right string this time) doh!, some pictures of mine, similar to John's (Hemi) but his is going to be gorgeous. my paint is rattle can so looks great from google earth, still a couple of electrical issues thanks to a squirrel, but I am close, loving the strips on yours, once my paint is done then they are next on the list

Attachments

• IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 83
Hi Gav, (will try to post on the right string this time) doh!, some pictures of mine, similar to John's (Hemi) but his is going to be gorgeous. my paint is rattle can so looks great from google earth, still a couple of electrical issues thanks to a squirrel, but I am close, loving the strips on yours, once my paint is done then they are next on the list
Looking good Jon. Long as it's solid paint can be sorted anytime. Been watching your build thread. Looking forward to just being able to drive it. My son James is already mad on it. Mind you he's mad on cruisers full stop.

I'm not sure.. Not clued up on models yet. It's 1990 5 speed diesel non turbo gx. Any info gratefully recieved.

If you want to find out more, have a look at this video (you can turn on English subtitles)

Good on yer Gav, lucky find. I ilke them in gold, its a good colour. If it was a 61 it would have seats like this:-

DSC00309.JPG

Oh no Andy the seats are not like those. They look like a tramps vest at the moment. That looks a gorgeous truck you have there. I must say I like the gold too.

Well done Gav...I always regret selling my 60.... I think id even part with my 24v 80.. to get another, The original true Land Cruiser, In my Opinion....Crack On! :thumbup:

Back