Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gone and done it again...

Anyone know of a good source for trim clips etc? I've bought clips for the body mouldings, but will need practically everything else (push in plastic things for the inner wheel arch splash guards, clips for rubber trim for windows, clips that hold on the rubber weather strip on the underside front of the bonnet etc).

I'm hoping that I can find a generic source without going to the stealer.

I've found quite a lot on eBay that work fine. Search for 'land cruiser trim clips'

Cheers

There's also a vehicle trim company who's name I've now forgotten that has loads - Google will provide I think ...

I'm happy today, the body was finishedand what a great result...

You can see your reflection in theclear coat (straight from the gun). Just a few odd bits to paint(door mirrors, rear quarter vents, door handles and the thin panelthat sits under the grill) and the big rebuild.

Last edited:
Beautiful, and almost ready for Lincomb then....:whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nathan just wondering what the colour is.Is it Silver Streak?:think::think:
It looks very close to the colour of my previous HZJ 105 which was Silver Streak. Awesome paint work looking at that you don't need the clear coat.:clap::clap:

Nathan just wondering what the colour is.Is it Silver Streak?:think::think:
It looks very close to the colour of my previous HZJ 105 which was Silver Streak. Awesome paint work looking at that you don't need the clear coat.:clap::clap:

It's a Silver Pearl base coat... when Bart comes back from his holiday I can check the exact colour. But I went for the original factory colours for body and the grey for the bumpers and body mouldings. All of the smaller parts like the door handles (which were taken to bits), the mirrors (also taken apart), rear quarter vents etc are now complete and on. The car needs to go back in to have a couple of bits re-worked and then have the wheel arches done and inside the sills treated. Clear coat done on everything - I think for this type of paint, clear coat is a must??

Last edited:
Just got the alloys back, what do you think?

http://Landcruiser%20alloys_zpsnhgygb2m.jpg

Attachments

• Landcruiser%20alloys_zpsnhgygb2m.jpg
    Landcruiser%20alloys_zpsnhgygb2m.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 34
Much nicer than black, they look very smart, what colour is the truck?

Much nicer than black, they look very smart, what colour is the truck?

The truck is the pearl silver... `On the first page, there's pics of the body restore. The wheels were originally chrome effect paint (It's a 50th Anniversary), but I thought it look a bit plain. Hoping these will really stand out.

They look really very very nice indeed NR. I think they are actually nicer than mine and I was well pleased with mine. What colour is that? Is it another Aston Martin colour?

They look really very very nice indeed NR. I think they are actually nicer than mine and I was well pleased with mine. What colour is that? Is it another Aston Martin colour?

I'll check the colour and post it when I get a mo... I picked it from a colour swatch at the paint supplies place. I know it was an expoxy 2k primer, base coat followed by a clear coat.

Nice rims. So that is not powder coat, which seems to be common for revamping rims?

Nice rims. So that is not powder coat, which seems to be common for revamping rims?

Not powder coated... the epoxy primer and the baked clear coat should be really robust. I did a set of powder coated Abarth 500 alloys some while ago. They look pretty good, but with so many conflicting opinions on what's better, I thought I'd try having the 100 wheels sprayed (as the most of the alloy wheel refurbers do).

With the over hang of the tyres, I don't think the wheels are likely to ever receive damage.

http://Abarthalloys_zps5c06cba4.jpe

Also saved me a trip to Northampton.

Attachments

• Abarthalloys_zps5c06cba4.jpe
    Abarthalloys_zps5c06cba4.jpe
    150.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back