Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good job we all want to be Borgs

Alcohol Interlock Installation Facilitation! .. Imagine trying to explain that one to the Landlord of your Local Pub, While trying to get your Keys from behind the Bar... "No Sid it means the car Will get me home even if im Pissed!.. Just give me my Fuxxing Keys will Yer"..

Last edited:
FFS!
I won’t be buying a new car then!
How about enforcing the law against illegal cyclists and training them to not be so stupid as to ride up the inside of a turning HGV ffs!! oh no sorry, it’s always the vehicles fault!!

FFS!
I won’t be buying a new car then!
How about enforcing the law against illegal cyclists and training them to not be so stupid as to ride up the inside of a turning HGV ffs!! oh no sorry, it’s always the vehicles fault!!
Don't get me started on that bunch of muppets...

Cyclists, The Common Enemy.. I have never known a group of Ignorant, Arrogant, Horrible, Imperious,Cocks, In my life.... They really are unbelievable...:thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
With so much tech on new cars "beyond economic repair" will arrive much sooner in its life.Electric handbrake & steering have already sent plenty of otherwise decent cars to the scrap yard - same with some common rail diesels.
The Common Enemy.. I have never known a group of Ignorant, Arrogant, Horrible, Imperious,Cocks, In my life.... They really are unbelievable...:thumbdown:
Couldn't agree more , thinking they own the road with their enormous , tank like 4x4s , ripping up the countryside & bullying their way through traffic :)

A policeman in every car is soon to follow , you won't be able to drive without entering your bank details so fines can be automatically deducted as you drive .

I can see a booming market for the retrofitting of enhanced safety devices to comply with legislation.
The legislation proposed isn’t retrospective, as with all the legislation of this type that’s gone before.

The legislation proposed isn’t retrospective, as with all the legislation of this type that’s gone before.

With the exception of low emission zones Andy.

If the recently passed local regulations hold, as of 3 Jan 2020, I won’t be able to drive my Euro 1 80 in Bucharest city centre (which thankfully, we live just outside of), and for the privilege of entering the broader city limits, I’ll have to pay a tax of circa £345 p.a.

Worse still, as of 3 Jan 2021, I won’t be allowed to bring it into the broader city limits at all, which will feck me up good and proper.

Looks like I need to source a replacement vehicle when the time comes, something Euro 5 or higher.

The days for my truck (and any value it may have had) are severely numbered here. :icon-neutral:

If the recently passed local regulations hold, as of 3 Jan 2020, I won’t be able to drive my Euro 1 80 in Bucharest city centre (which thankfully, we live just outside of), and for the privilege of entering the broader city limits, I’ll have to pay a tax of circa £345 p.a.

Worse still, as of 3 Jan 2021, I won’t be allowed to bring it into the broader city limits at all, which will feck me up good and proper.

Looks like I need to source a replacement vehicle when the time comes, something Euro 5 or higher.

The days for my truck (and any value it may have had) are severely numbered here. :icon-neutral:
That is sad Clive, it's going that way in London I think, one of the reasons I sold the Phoenix, gone to a chap in Bristol, and guess what? I've now heard Bristol are now banning diesels.

That is true, and also tax classes, although most of the low emission zones in the UK will at least not apply to classics. I'm sure te fact there is a vibrant classic car club in the houses of parliament has nothing to do with that!!

That is sad Clive, it's going that way in London I think, one of the reasons I sold the Phoenix, gone to a chap in Bristol, and guess what? I've now heard Bristol are now banning diesels.

I was hard pressed to hit the like button Chas, but it seems to be the way of the world, these days.

My biggest problem (other than having to give up my beloved 80) is what to replace it with. I need 7 seats and a reasonable volume of luggage space, so my only choice will be a Euro 5/6 minivan or microbus as they call them here, and unless I spend €40k plus, 4x4 is out of the question.

It’s not a good time for me ATM, but still, I have a year to think about it...

Next year I’ll be biking to the office, so I’m thinking about an e-bike conversion on one of the 7 bikes in my stable :lol:

That is true, and also tax classes, although most of the low emission zones in the UK will at least not apply to classics. I'm sure te fact there is a vibrant classic car club in the houses of parliament has nothing to do with that!!

Yep, the “Ownership Tax” as they call it here, on mine is horrendous... circa £1,265 p.a. ATM, plus the so-called pollution tax of £345 p.a. for next year.

Tax is one thing, it’s a take-it-or-leave it option, but the all-out ban I’m facing in 2021 is not negotiable.

Classic cars here have to be 30 years old and kept absolutely stock, so I can’t go down that route very easily. There is what they call a utility registration class though, so I need to find out more about that and if it carries any pollution exemptions with it.

Some of the local authority breakdown trucks here for busses, trams and trolley busses, must be 50 years old and more. They’ve got no chance when it comes to compliance with the minimum Euro 4

Last edited:
Next year I’ll be biking to the office, so I’m thinking about an e-bike conversion on one of the 7 bikes in my stable :lol:
I presume that's in Bucharest not Comarnic?

I presume that's in Bucharest not Comarnic?

Yes Chas. If I could live there full time, I could keep the old girl on the road. That’s another dilemma, we need to stay in Bucharest for at least 7 years more to see Ana through school.

After that, there’s a chance we could live there.

But what to do with the truck for those 7 years? I could park it up and cancel the registration (to save the annual tax of 7 x £1,265 = £8,855) but I’m concerned that they won’t let me re-register it by then. Or, I can keep it there registered and keep paying the tax, as well as tax and funding the purchase of a replacement vehicle to commute between Bucharest and Comarnic every weekend as we do now.

decisions, decisions...

For the hell of it, I was even looking at the price of an LC 200 here. It seems there’s nothing less than €40k and that’s for the little engined version. A V8 diesel would come in at about 70 -80k, and the tax would be the same as the 80.

Yes Chas. If I could live there full time, I could keep the old girl on the road. That’s another dilemma, we need to stay in Bucharest for at least 7 years more to see Ana through school.

After that, there’s a chance we could live there.

But what to do with the truck for those 7 years? I could park it up and cancel the registration (to save the annual tax of 7 x £1,265 = £8,855) but I’m concerned that they won’t let me re-register it by then. Or, I can keep it there registered and keep paying the tax, as well as tax and funding the purchase of a replacement vehicle to commute between Bucharest and Comarnic every weekend as we do now.

decisions, decisions...

For the hell of it, I was even looking at the price of an LC 200 here. It seems there’s nothing less than €40k and that’s for the little engined version. A V8 diesel would come in at about 70 -80k, and the tax would be the same as the 80.
I'm seriously thinking of going back to a Cruiser, but petrol/LPG not diesel, the jag is great but . . . . . .

Yep, the “Ownership Tax” as they call it here, on mine is horrendous... circa £1,265 p.a. ATM, plus the so-called pollution tax of £345 p.a. for next year.

Tax is one thing, it’s a take-it-or-leave it option, but the all-out ban I’m facing in 2021 is not negotiable.

Classic cars here have to be 30 years old and kept absolutely stock, so I can’t go down that route very easily. There is what they call a utility registration class though, so I need to find out more about that and if it carries any pollution exemptions with it.

Some of the local authority breakdown trucks here for busses, trams and trolley busses, must be 50 years old and more. They’ve got no chance when it comes to compliance with the minimum Euro 4
A few countries have that no modification rule, it's bloody ridiculous, you can't even do things to make your car safer in modern driving conditions like upgrade the brakes, fit better headlights, fit an alternator etc etc etc. Just bloody stupid.
Those tax rates :astonished::anguished::astonished:

Back