Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Goodwinch Group buy

You boys and your 12k winches, I don't know. :teasing-tease:

More money than sense. :lol:

Most of the winching I do is other people who are stuck. If my winch won't get them out - tough :icon-rolleyes:

Chris

I feel I want a winch... if I buy one will that be enough of an excuse to pick up an 80 as an accessory? :lol:

Put me down for the following: TDS 12.0c w/rope, yellow hook, rock guard and 2no. Pulley blocks - thanks

This is the deal Dave has offered:

"TDS-12.0c c/w 11mm x 90' Dyneema Bowrope and yellow safety hook, aluminium hawse, swingaway pulley block, safety cut out switch and battery link for £500, plus 2 lengths of rockguard at £4 each = £508 plus VAT £101.60 = £609.60 (carriage paid)."

Seems good to me.

@Fridayman and Spindrift, I'll find out about the extra pulley block and get back to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If like:

2 x Galvanised Tested Bow Shackle 19mm

1 x winch blanket

1 x adjustable winch chain

Cheers

The intension is to mount discretely behind the standard bumper (at least for now). Would I need a winch tray or similar to mount on a 100 series? or can I mount direct to the chassis?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon can give a definitive but the winch fits between the chassis rails on my 120 so pretty sure you'll need a tray for support.

Cheers

The intension is to mount discretely behind the standard bumper (at least for now). Would I need a winch tray or similar to mount on a 100 series? or can I mount direct to the chassis?
It can be done but you'll need a tray and I'm not sure how you'll get on with the steel bumper behind the plastic one. It might get in the way, or not, or you might have to chop it up or fabricate a replacement. Either way you'll need a tray of some sort. Have a search on ih8mud, I'm sure I've seen someone doing this.

Dave does offer a winch mounting kit. I'll send him details of your truck and see what he comes back with.

It can be done but you'll need a tray and I'm not sure how you'll get on with the steel bumper behind the plastic one. It might get in the way, or not, or you might have to chop it up or fabricate a replacement. Either way you'll need a tray of some sort. Have a search on ih8mud, I'm sure I've seen someone doing this.

I'll have a search on ih8mud. Might be an opportunity to change the bumper ... i've seen some nice ones :whistle:

Jon can give a definitive but the winch fits between the chassis rails on my 120 so pretty sure you'll need a tray for support.

Cheers
Hi Gary,

Did you start a thread with the addition of your winch?

Gra.

Don't think so - unless I included it in the bumper fitting thread :lol:

I'm wondering if the 9.5 large drum might be better? Looking at the specs, it has a slightly longer rope and is twice as fast. If I need more power I could double line.. Why is everyone going for the 12k?

Do we have a price for the 9.5 large drum?

I have a 9500 and it dragged me up a very steep slope the other week at Robin Hoods Bay when i got ina bit of a mess, basically pulled me about 100ft none stop when I had zero traction

If anyone has ever been to RHB's offroad site they will know how steep the site is, I basically went straight up the side and got a little worried when i lost it sideways, only way out was for my mateto sit at the top and me winch all the way up to the top

For me the above means there is absolutley no need for a 12000lbs winch on a Collie, as you say if you need to you can always double up

How did you mount the winch to your Collie?

A winch tray and mount it under the front crossmember looks to be the plan.

Pete

I'm wondering if the 9.5 large drum might be better? Looking at the specs, it has a slightly longer rope and is twice as fast. If I need more power I could double line.. Why is everyone going for the 12k?

Do we have a price for the 9.5 large drum?

I'm going for the 12 because I have an 80 that's getting fatter by the year. If I had a collie I'd go for the 9.5.

I'd like to get this order placed with Dave by Mid next week, so any takers roll up.

I have emailed Dave regarding the fitting kit and extras so will get bakc to you guys as soon as I hear back.

Cheers
Ryan

Can you please get a price on the 9.5 large drum model as well?

I have asked about the pricing on the 9.5 and all the other bits and bobs. I should hopefully hear back by the end of play today.

How best do you guys want to sort the payments out? Individual bank transfers to Dave? Or one nominated payer?

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back