Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Goodwinch Group buy

Individual sounds good - presumably you can then use a credit card. What are the delivery arrangements? Is shipping to each buyer or to one central point?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the 9.5 large drum might be better? Looking at the specs, it has a slightly longer rope and is twice as fast. If I need more power I could double line.. Why is everyone going for the 12k?

Do we have a price for the 9.5 large drum?
Following my purchase of a second hand TDS winch I spent some time researching the product and found a couple of people who said that they wished they had not bought a large drum/deep drum version!! It would appear a deep drum is a standatd drum with larger diameter discs on each end to help accommodate more or a greater diameter rope. This then requires the winch to mounted on spacers due to the greater diameter drum. It also then means that in the case of a greater length of rope you are perhaps adding another couple of layers of rope to the drum significantly reducing the winches efficiency. I'm new to winching myself and have not a huge amount of experience apart from what I've read during my own research on the matter. But thought I'd just mention in case it's relevant :icon-smile:

Individual sounds good - presumably you can then use a credit card. What are the delivery arrangements? Is shipping to each buyer or to one central point?

I'd presume you could pay over the phone. Carriage is included for each winch so it would be straight to your door.

Price for the 9.5 : "A TDS-9.5c c/w 11mm x 90' Dyneema Bowrope and yellow hook, Aluminium Hawse, swingaway pulley block, safety cut out switch and battery link - special price £480, 2 x rockguard @ £4 each = £488 plus VAT £96 = £576. (carriage paid)."

Seems my email about the extra bits and bobs and mounting kit went astray. I've resent it so should get an answer tomorrow I'd imagine.

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey Guys,

I just received pricing on the extras:

Tested Bow shackles @ £6 each
Winch Blanket @ £17 each
Adjustable Winching Chain @ £28 each
Swingaway Pulley Blocks @ £22 each

Spindrift,

Goodwinch's mounting kit wont fit your cruiser, but they do do a winch bumper for it at £299.

Could everyone confirm exactly what they want and then send me your full name, address etc... as I need to send this onto Goodwinch so they can get the orders ready. Payment can be done via the phone.

It would be nice to have these ordered by the end of the week if that suits everyone.

Cheers
Ryan

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok - but I'll take a winch blanket, chain and 2 tested shackles thanks.

Cheers for arranging

What length and guage are the choker chains? I see that Devon4x4 do a 3m 5/16 jobbie for £20.88 inc vat, and wondered how they compared???

I'll have a 12k winch kit with 2 protectors, extra pulley block and 2 shackles.

Hi Ryan

I will go with the TDS 12.0c, dynamee rope, yellow hook, 2 x rock guard, 2 x Pulley blocks, 2 x bow shackles and a winch blanket. I'll pm you my address details.

Thanks

Payment made and delivery arranged - many thanks

Cheers Ryan - my stuff on its way - should get it Monday.

My winch just arrived. Fecking hell, these things are heavy bastards!

Looks buff though.

New alternator is due this week. So looks like I'll be busy this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good stuff - my goodies arrived yesterday too.

Have fun fitting the winch!

we might be needing that chain and winch blanket in a few weeks time Gary :shifty:

hrmmm ... I had to delay delivery till next week cos of a biz trip :(

Back